AVIC411.com
godzilla

New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc 2017 Release

witam my name mathew  mam f920bt i chcialbym  wejsc do windows automotive  zeby recznie podmienic mape   jakiego skrypyu musze uzyc?  czy test mode z win 5 ce  otworzy mi windowsa  w 920bt?  Im Polish 

On 9-2-2018 at 6:34 PM, RonS said:

You don't need testmode. The BT firmware for this release is on the SD in the \Firmware directory. 

You didn't give any detail on what you did and what went wrong doing the BT update through BT settings.

You are right RonS,

no need for Testmode to update the BT. 

After the maps update I tried the 'Firmware update' button under the 'Bluetooth Settings' (once it became active) as per instructions.
All to no avail, after a good 10 minutes of trying to start the update process a message is displayed in the lines af "an error occured and the update failed".

So I am curious to hear about any other method of 'jumpstarting' the BT, perhaps by copying/pasting files directely in their respective folders using Testmode.

It might help to know what the content of the BT-folder should look like using Testmode.

I schould mention that the BT-module test using Testmode fails. So obviously there is something dodgy going on in there...

10 hours ago, timmen said:

You are right RonS,

no need for Testmode to update the BT. 

After the maps update I tried the 'Firmware update' button under the 'Bluetooth Settings' (once it became active) as per instructions.
All to no avail, after a good 10 minutes of trying to start the update process a message is displayed in the lines af "an error occured and the update failed".

So I am curious to hear about any other method of 'jumpstarting' the BT, perhaps by copying/pasting files directely in their respective folders using Testmode.

It might help to know what the content of the BT-folder should look like using Testmode.

I schould mention that the BT-module test using Testmode fails. So obviously there is something dodgy going on in there...

Reading your other post, it seems you were saying your BT was not functional even before installing the new maps/BT. These BT modules have been known to fail. I remember seeing some for sale recently but I don't remember where. You can do a Forced Program Write of the BT firmware. I suspect the actual drivers are stored in some other file system not directly accessible via Testmode file maintenance.

See if you can find a Service Manual for your unit. I have one for a Z110 which also is a manual for TestMode. There are several diagnostics for testing the BT module. Here's the Z110-BT Service Manual

Update installed flawlessly on my F9220BT from Software ver.4 and BT ver 3.21 --> Followed the instructions and now have software ver.7 and BT ver 3.32.

To the people that made this possible (on this Forum) and keep helping others that are not as "tech savy" by answering all kinds of questions/doubts, my sincere thanks!!

Cheers

On 13 February 2018 at 9:25 PM, RonS said:

Reading your other post, it seems you were saying your BT was not functional even before installing the new maps/BT. These BT modules have been known to fail. I remember seeing some for sale recently but I don't remember where. You can do a Forced Program Write of the BT firmware. I suspect the actual drivers are stored in some other file system not directly accessible via Testmode file maintenance.

See if you can find a Service Manual for your unit. I have one for a Z110 which also is a manual for TestMode. There are several diagnostics for testing the BT module. Here's the Z110-BT Service Manual

RonS,

Thank you for the reply. Will give the forced program write a go. Can I do this with the Firmware folder from the 2017 update files or will it just accept the BT folder on SD?

6 hours ago, timmen said:

RonS,

Thank you for the reply. Will give the forced program write a go. Can I do this with the Firmware folder from the 2017 update files or will it just accept the BT folder on SD?

I don't know. I assume it would work with any SD with the FIRMWARE folder in root. 

Thanks RonS,

Forced Program Write will have to wait for a bit.

As of 5 minutes ago my unit reads "There is no applicable program" as a result of my glorious efforts to get rid of the nag-screen.

I dit not know which of the two PRG folders had the active files within so i swapped the patched Navi.exe in PRG0/APL.

Result: error message at reboot (the number 6 was displayed in the bottom right corner).

So I figured best swap the patched Navi in PRG1/APL... and deleted PRG.FLG aswel...

So this is what the dreaded 'brick' looks like.

Sugestions?

Edit: I since tried installing the 2017 update as a whole again but reads the same "There is no applicable program".

1 hour ago, timmen said:

Thanks RonS,

Forced Program Write will have to wait for a bit.

As of 5 minutes ago my unit reads "There is no applicable program" as a result of my glorious efforts to get rid of the nag-screen.

I dit not know which of the two PRG folders had the active files within so i swapped the patched Navi.exe in PRG0/APL.

Result: error message at reboot (the number 6 was displayed in the bottom right corner).

So I figured best swap the patched Navi in PRG1/APL... and deleted PRG.FLG aswel...

So this is what the dreaded 'brick' looks like.

Sugestions?

Edit: I since tried installing the 2017 update as a whole again but reads the same "There is no applicable program".

Sounds like everything you try just keeps making things worse. Law of Holes.  Make a backup of USER before doing anything.

I'm guessing you ignored my advice in the Nag Screen thread and didn't make a backup. Since you said you deleted USER\PRG.FLG that would indicate that PRG1 was the active directory after after installing v7.0. Correct?

So create again a USER\PRG.FLG.  Then delete USER\PRG1\NAVI.EXE. Then copy NAVI.EXE from the original 2017 image and put it in USER\PRG1. 

If that doesn't fix the "No Applicable Program error, you deleted other things and I doubt I can help.

BTW, you didn't install HackMode, did you?

15 hours ago, RonS said:

BTW, you didn't install HackMode, did you?

I used the method by which u patch the altered Renewallflib. Hope that is not the hackmode.

Just to make sure, Navi.exe needs to be  in user/PRG1, not in user/PRG1/APL? That might be where I got confused.. 

Also, the prg.flg file I created using notepad reads PRG.FLG.tx once pasted in /user. Is that a problem?

edit:

- swapped prg.flg for one off this forum: at startup it no longer reads "no applicable program" but "system startup error"

- swapped navi.exe for original one from 2017 update in prg1\apl :"system startup error"

-deleted new prg.flg + swapped navi for original in prg0\apl :"no applicable program". 

So active files are definately in prg1. 

- pasted forum version prg.flg back in :user :"system startup error"

What do I not see here?

Edited by timmen

6 hours ago, timmen said:

I used the method by which u patch the altered Renewallflib. Hope that is not the hackmode.

Just to make sure, Navi.exe needs to be  in user/PRG1, not in user/PRG1/APL? That might be where I got confused.. 

Also, the prg.flg file I created using notepad reads PRG.FLG.tx once pasted in /user. Is that a problem?

edit:

- swapped prg.flg for one off this forum: at startup it no longer reads "no applicable program" but "system startup error"

- swapped navi.exe for original one from 2017 update in prg1\apl :"system startup error"

-deleted new prg.flg + swapped navi for original in prg0\apl :"no applicable program". 

So active files are definately in prg1. 

- pasted forum version prg.flg back in :user :"system startup error"

What do I not see here?

Yes Navi.exe needs to be in the APL sub-directory.

PRG.FLG is just an empty file. Its sole purpose is to tell the boot loader which is the active PRG directory under \USER (if PRG.FLG is present Active == PRG1, otherwise PRG0). So you can actually use any file renamed to PRG.FLG. I just create one by opening Notepad and Save As.

I can only guess now but if you hadn't madly starting moving files areound you should of fixed it by putting ing the original Navi.exe into USER\PRG1\APL. I wonder if you accidentally deleted something. It's easy to do in TestMode.

You said you tried re-installing the update. Did it actually do anything? I thought it would not re-install over itself (same version number).

Hello, i have the radio avic f920bt and i wanted to try this way to upload new maps. But I found out that my radio already has a recorded firmware 06.0000 (the previous owner of the car). Do I have to complete the procedure, or is there a hack loaded when there is version 06.0000? Thank you

On 16 February 2018 at 2:56 PM, RonS said:

You said you tried re-installing the update. Did it actually do anything? I thought it would not re-install over itself (same version number).

RonS,

Nothing actually happened when I tried to install 2017 again. 

I will try installing the 2015 official version now. Hopefully that does work. From there everything will be good again. Here's hoping. 

I remembered I cleared the user's flash in testmode (see image). Posibly ruined my unit this way?

image.jpeg

22 minutes ago, timmen said:

RonS,

Nothing actually happened when I tried to install 2017 again. 

I will try installing the 2015 official version now. Hopefully that does work. From there everything will be good again. Here's hoping. 

I remembered I cleared the user's flash in testmode (see image). Posibly ruined my unit this way?

Yeah, that doesn't seem like something to try when you don't know what it does. Did I forget to mention TestMode is very dangerous? Even the manual is vague about what that does.