AVIC411.com

New units coming?

too soon to say whats going to change and any new features. All I care is that I can upgrade via the HD and not have to buy a new unit. would be nice if the maps are more 3D with images of building and so on. Just have to see but think Pioneer will have something late next yr.

Thanks, no, it's not a must have. I"m by myself and I don't watch the dvd when I drive and I never camp so I really don't care, I'm just surprised.

I care about the navigation, good phone integration and better music interface which I don't like on my Kenwood. Shitty graphics and shitty way to handle mp3's. Otherwise a nice unit.

George

It has a 7″ LCD touch screen, 40 GB hard disk drive, optical drive that can read DVDs, CDs, and support for MP3, WMA and AAC files.

Pioneer AVIC-HRZ009G also has support for DivX files, and it has both a digital and an analog TV tuner. And if you get the special cable you can also connect your iPod through the device using an interface made just for this player

So would you assume that these features will likely be in the Z3?

It has a 7″ LCD touch screen, 40 GB hard disk drive, optical drive that can read DVDs, CDs, and support for MP3, WMA and AAC files.

Pioneer AVIC-HRZ009G also has support for DivX files, and it has both a digital and an analog TV tuner. And if you get the special cable you can also connect your iPod through the device using an interface made just for this player

So would you assume that these features will likely be in the Z3?

can't see why it wouldn't be. As for the TV option can't say but would be very nice. bottom line is Pioneer with be on top if it came with more features n toys. I do like the 3D map for sure. I believe Acura already has the 3D map on their Nav. systems.

time will tell...

Didn't I hear somewhere that analog TV would be completely phased out this year altogether.

They are phasing it out more and more every day it seems. I believe it is in February, 2009 that analog is no more.

IMO, I can't see Pioneer revisiting that catagory. Their TV Tuners were the best on the market, but were pricey compared to brands such as Farenheit and the like. I know people that are still sitting on a few GEX-P5700TV, but in another 18 months they will be paper weights.