AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Volume

Does anyone know a way to increase the volume with the Bluetooth on the Z2. I have everything set to the highest level on the unit and the phone and it is still hard for me to hear. I have big mud tires on my truck so there is a little tire noise on the highway. There must be something that can be done to make the volume higher.

Thanks

Jared

I turn my volume up before taking or placing a call I think it helps

I do the same thing, as it does help at times.

I'm not sure as to why the volume is so low. Alot of people have this issue, and I wish I understood it better. But it seems like it could be an easy fix. Else, I guess it could be the phone that's paired to it, but still, raising volume during a call should be a fairly easy task of the HU.

I guess I'll write Pioneer in hopes that they understand the issue.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 85,00.html

i'm almost sure it depends on the volume level your phone was at when you initially paired it.. i had a Z1 which i paired up with an iphone.. the volume on the iphone was full and so i had to keep the z1's volume around just 10-15%.. 20% even got pretty loud

then i updated to the z2 and paired it with the iphone again.. this time however, i kept the iphone volume level all the way down (around 10%)

after the pairing was complete.. i put the iphone's volume back all the way up.. BUT i also had to put the z2's volume all the way up to 85-90%

my point is.. try to do a reset of your unit and pair up your phone again with a higher level (maybe around 50%?).. see if that makes a difference.. if my guess about the way the volume works is correct, you should be able to get the same volume you're getting now but at a much lower percentage on the z1's unit.. (say around 50-60%) which will obviously enable you to put the volume higher

(sorry for the wordiness lol)

either way, it can't be a hardware/compatibility issue or anything like that since we're both using the same unit and the same phones

Do you have the Pioneer IPod adapter by chance? And does it work for you with your Iphone?... :D

I will definetly give i a go when I get off work, and post my findings... :wink:

oh...and thanks :D

either way, it can't be a hardware/compatibility issue or anything like that since we're both using the same unit and the same phones

Do you have the Pioneer IPod adapter by chance? And does it work for you with your Iphone?... :D

I will definetly give i a go when I get off work, and post my findings... :wink:

oh...and thanks :D

no problem

yea it works perfectly with the ipod adapter.. i don't use it much since i have most of my music on my regular ipod.. but when i did try it.. it worked great.. it just asks you if you want to go into airplane mode (just select no) and it'll be fine.. the unit will recognize the iphone just like any other ipod.. and the bluetooth part of it will work the same too

actually, using the iphone has one small advantage too.. when you're using an ipod, the unit just mutes your music when you get a phone call (or make one).. when you're using the iphone, it will fade out the music and put it on pause.. once you hang up, itll fade back in and resume where you left off.. it's a minor thing.. but just wanted to let you know in case it helps

before you pull the unit.. you might want to consider this..

i first tried my iphone when it was the Z1 and with the old firmware on the iphone and this did not work

it's working now but now it's the Z2 and the iphone has the latest firmware (the one where the purple itunes logo is now present)

i don't know which of these (if any) updates caused it to work.. but you may want to update your iphone firmware first and then try it

I haven't got around to the re-pairing, to see if the BT volume was any better(I will tonight for sure)

as for the IPod adapter..I'm on the latest version of the IPhone's firmware(1.1.1) and my HU is a Z2 with the image for the bypass(D/L from here) It also has the freeze patch/firmware installed.

Although I know it's sad, but the sole person that I know that has an Ipod for sure, can't seem to find it. :roll:

Some people were having this same issue with their Nano's, which makes me think that it could possibly be my phone.

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=116570

But also, and being that others are having no issues, and being that I don't quit understand how the IPBus wires could be backwards as per this FAQ

14. I can control my XM/iPod adapter but I'm getting no sound, what gives?

You have your ipbus cables backwards, reverse them. If that doesn't work make sure your positive and ground wires to the XM unit are attached properly

makes me want to revisit the back of my Z2. I don't remember there being a way to get them backwards, and I do not have the XM module

I apprieciate you guys helping me out 8)

I apologize for stinking this thread up with IPhone stuff. Ducatiboy(or other mods) if you want, I can start another thread and you can move it over. Because I really have a long story to tell, as to what I'm trying to achieve. It's a long sob story about, my music being stolen(car stolen), and me trying to get those backups from a modded Xbox(WMA) to play on my Z2.(WMA or wrong bitrate) If I can get this to work, I may buy an Ipod just to keep in my truck.