AVIC411.com

did i get ripped @ mickey shorr?

so i bought a pioneer d3 the other day..went to mickey shore and they wanted $200 to install it + $200 installed for a basic viper keyless entry system.

i got them down to $250 for everything.

today i took the car in at 9am..it was done @ 5pm

i come in and they tell me since the key to my 95 accord is coded, i have to get a spare (got one) - pay $20 for this device and ANOTHER $30 in labor...i think its BS..i already paid and plan on calling the manager tomarrow.

also, when i initially negoitated pricing it was $100 for install of head unit + $150 for the remote starter..i came in this morning and the dude was telling me about one with alarm for $120 more w/2yr warrenty included..he told me $220 would be my total price so i went for it...later i realized i actually paid $150 + $120 = $270..wrather than $220, they wrang it up wierd. and the installer dude just told me $120 was the upgrade price, even tho his manager said my price would be $220 total for the alarm/keyless/remote starter and the day before the installer guy said $100 for installing the head unit..so it seems they owe me $50 and i shouldnt have to pay any extra, as they should of known id need the extra part before they started!

what do you guys think?

True, they should have known that you would need another key for the remote start. I guess that is only if they decided to look at your key before the installation. They may have figured a 95 accord wouldnt have a coded key... But where I work a basic remote start/keyless entry with installation is $379.99, and we charge $160 to install the navigation unit, plus parts. Your post is kind of confusing but it sounds as if you got a good deal.

Thats half of what I just paid to have a D3 put in my truck

incase i wasnt clear, i paid $100 including all parts (Wire harness + double dim shell thingy)

well props to you..woulda loved to get it installed for $50 lol

so basically i ended up paying $100 for install

$270 installed for a viper 560xv http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.a ... ductID=106

but i today im calling, going to get $50 back on the viper, getting the remote start for nothing extra, otherwise im threatening chargeback for everything, letter to corp, and complaint to BBB

$100 labor and parts to install a d3 in your car would be about right at my shop. Since I am not a Viper dealer, I cannot say if you got a good deal or not, but the amount sounds right for the features it has minus one critical thing. I have NEVER seen a 95 accord that needed another key, or what they call a transpoder bypass. I don't remember what year they started it but it was closer to 99 that any accord needed those peices. Best way to tell is to look for a green light on the instrument cluster that flashes when you turn the key off, and it will have a key outline inside the light.

incase i wasnt clear, i paid $100 including all parts (Wire harness + double dim shell thingy)

$270 installed for a viper 560xv http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.a ... ductID=106

but i today im calling, going to get $50 back on the viper, getting the remote start for nothing extra, otherwise im threatening chargeback for everything, letter to corp, and complaint to BBB

I supplied all my hardware and paid 425 for the install.

You payed a lot less than a lot of other shops (at least any shop in my area, anyway) would have charged you for that. You're not getting ripped off here. You're getting a bargain, and a great one at that. Take it and go before you end up making yourself look like a whiny douche.

ugg dumbass mickey shorr

just called the honda dealership..the 95 DOES NOT have an encoded key..freaking place is trying to rip me for another $50 or they just dont know what they're doing sheesh

WOW..i just called mickey shorr, they said if the installer said it, then it needs it and the dealship is wrong lmaoooo

the guy said i should come back in and talk to somebody..joy joy

you sir got ripped, even BB only charges $150

When you say hardware do you mean the D3? If so, while still high, it makes sense. When people take their own equipment into a shop to get it installed they are going to be charged more, in most cases. These dealers are tired of people bringing stuff into their shop that were purchased from the web, and expecting the same labor and service they would get if they purchased it from their store. Oh, and I am NOT a dealer, so this is not me saying this directly.

Now, back to the $100.00 charge. That seems more than fair for installing a navigation unit. Basic head install is usually $55-65. Now with the nav you have to run the VSS wire and antenna. Not huge jobs, but still more to it than installing a headunit. So, $100-150 is in line with industry standard. The nice thing about paying for the install is that if you have any problems with the install, it is their problem and they are responsible to fix it...if it is a reputable shop.

I wouldn't let BB install an air freshener in my truck. The installer I use does all my work. They specialize in marine and did my boat many times. I have OnStar, Bose, steering wheel controls and a new XM box plus did the bypass. I would pay 700 for a good install before I would let a kid 2 days out of high school start cutting wires on a 45k dollar truck. D94 whats your address I will send you $50 if it will help you stop crying about it.

I wouldn't let BB install an air freshener in my truck.

Best. Line. Ever.