AVIC411.com

control from D3 or amps?

It just seems kinda stupid to use full range stereo speakers as subs if they weren't designed to work that way. But if you must... It doesn't matter if you use the amp's frequency cutoff or the D3's. It has the same effect.

I run my rears as subs, fronts on high pass, sounds great. Left and right stagging is much better, instead of have vocals comming from front and rear. The front doors produce great mid range and highs, horrible enclosure for bass. Rears with a trunk has great bass, because the trunk is the enclosure. Why have mids and highs in the rear when it's right there at the doors?

Having all the speakers running full range is like listening to music on your home stereo in surround sound. Sorry, but there are no audiophile guys listeng to music in full surround.

Pioneer even had a feature on all the decks called "FIE", front image enhancer. The name confused people so they just changed it to rears as subs.

I think your a little confused on what sub frequencies are. A full range speaker is just that, full range of frequencies. Depending on the speaker, it is usually 45-22khz. It has nothing to do with "pushing high levels of bass through them". Of course you will damage a speaker by doing that, loud on with bass all the way up. You can also damage a speaker in full range the same exact way.

By setting the rears to "Sub", all your doing is cutting off the frequencies above 80, 100, or 120 hz. It is not adding those lower frequencies, the speaker was already playing them in full range.

I think your a little confused on what sub frequencies are. A full range speaker is just that, full range of frequencies. Depending on the speaker, it is usually 45-22khz. It has nothing to do with "pushing high levels of bass through them". Of course you will damage a speaker by doing that, loud on with bass all the way up. You can also damage a speaker in full range the same exact way.

By setting the rears to "Sub", all your doing is cutting off the frequencies above 80, 100, or 120 hz. It is not adding those lower frequencies, the speaker was already playing them in full range.

I agree with superjet. The speaker I got reponses to frequency 25Hz-25,000Hz. I just want to play 25Hz-250Hz on this speaker. There is nothing wrong with this.

Pushing "unsupported" frequencies to the speaker is really bad. Just like send full spectrum to tweeter is bad since tweeter is designed for high frequencies only. But this is not a case in my scenario.

Why I don't try sub instead of this speaker? I am not a fan of bass. Having a sub gives me too much bass. This speaker gives me enough bass I am looking for.