AVIC411.com

How to fix for AVH-W4400NEX boot loop

On 1/17/2022 at 8:49 PM, Spyro said:

My AA wireless doesn't work. I am certain that it's not my unit. Because I have two of these units. And I have swapped the cards so I am able to confirm that it's not my radio.

Thanks

Uninstall AA from the phone and delete the device from the radio. Install everything back. This happened to me when my 4400 ss crashed and after replacing the image. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

So I had the same corrupted SD card issues that everyone described in my 4400. I loaded a new card, swapped it out and it worked perfectly again.

My buddy has a 4500 that seemed to do the same thing. I followed the same process and swapped out the SD card but got a different result. The unit turns on, displays the NEX screen, proceeds to the Pioneer loading screen for a few seconds and then just turns off. It didn't boot loop, just shut down. I disconnected the power and tried a few more times with the same result. 

Any thoughts ? Appreciate in advance. 

I had some similar issues on a 4500, I had burnt an image using Disc Imager on a Windows 8.1 laptop. After about a hour of working fine it started rebooting very frequently. I then burnt another sd using a Linux computer using the dd command and have not had any problems at all. I did also use a 16 gb, San Disk sd card this time. 

On 3/11/2022 at 6:26 PM, Datsun said:

I had some similar issues on a 4500, I had burnt an image using Disc Imager on a Windows 8.1 laptop. After about a hour of working fine it started rebooting very frequently. I then burnt another sd using a Linux computer using the dd command and have not had any problems at all. I did also use a 16 gb, San Disk sd card this time. 

Thanks for the input. Do you remember which software version you burnt that ended up working?

I used the 4400 software that I got from here, then I got the 4500 conf.sysd file from here also, I added it to the original 4400 conf.sysd file then I deleted all the other stereo’s config info so no matter what it would take the 4500 info since it was the only one there. Then I used Linux Mint on an old laptop using the “dd” command to burn the image to a Sandisk 16gb card. Honestly I think the Disk Imager from Windows was the big problem. 

My 4400 got stuck in the boot loop a few months back and I used the image to write to a new SD card and everything is working great. I had to change the battery in my car and the 4400 is now asking for a password to unlock the head unit and is giving the password hint of “pinball6”. I didn’t set a new password after reimaging so I’m guessing this is the password that is already included in the image file. Does anyone know what the password is? Sorry if this is covered somewhere else and I missed it. 

I have a AVH-4200....initially I could hear the radio with a blank screen ...then I had the bright idea to reset the unit..... now I have the  continuous loop of DEATH ! according to Pioneer I should have firmware v1.07, can I used this firmware to get the unit running or do I need to search for the correct one ....old geezer here looking for help.....Thanks in advance .

Followed the instructions to a tee. Removed the old SD card and replaced with a 32G card loaded using the instruction video. Weird thing was that my computer couldn’t read the old SD card but showed the newly imaged SD card as having like seven or so partitions. Tested head unit and it went to the loading screen then instantly went dead. I wasn’t getting the five minutes worth of snow on the screen anymore. This is not worth my time anymore. I’m pissed and want my sounds back. Just gonna buy a new head unit but never again gonna buy a pioneer.