How to fix for AVH-W4400NEX boot loop

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Datsun said:

It was just luck. I happened to be looking when you posted. Did you use Windows to burn the image to the sd card ? I found that to be an issue for me. 

Yup used windows. Doesn’t matter now though bought a new deck today. Wasn’t gonna get another pioneer but doing so will allow me to use the existing plug configurations. AVH 4660. No CD player on this one but oh well. I got a nice 4400 I’m gonna turn into a paper weight…Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 12:54 PM, mrkaqz said:

I have this issue on my head unit AHV-Z9250BT.

Does anyone try this seller on ebay?

AVH2AVIC - Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB AVH-Z9200BT AVH-Z9250BT update to AVIC - SD card | eBay

They claim to upgrade the software for AVH-Z9250BT to AVIC model which has build-in NAV as well.

Or if you can share the firmware for AVH-Z9250BT will be appreciated

Thanks,

Ron 

Have you find the firmware or image for AVH-Z9250BT? 

I got same problem.

your help is much appreciate.

On 8/16/2021 at 2:48 PM, F71 said:

So.. I tried this solution for my AVH-Z9250BT. It worked but unfortunately the software is for the AVH-W4400NEX. It’s a temporary fix which makes the head unit work but I am unable to use wireless mirroring or the Android Auto. Is there anyone who has the “.img” file for the AVH-Z9250BT?

would really help.

Did you fix this issue?

I got same problem.

Hello All,

I started having issues with my AVH-W4500NEX on Monday and found this thread today. Where can I download the newest firmware from to fix this bootloop issue? TIA

I also have another issue with this HU. The front face does not open up and slide out when you press the button. any ideas? It never has since new.

Robert.

First off, thanks so much for this thread! Saved me from having a $800 paper weight. My 4400nex had the "contact pioneer software error" screen

I dremeled out the front, and put in a new SD card with the 1.02 firmware. Everything works great, except for one problem. I have to have the manually drag the faceplate part way open for it to work. If it's closed it shows the screen showing me how to detach the faceplate, and if I hit the eject button it cracks it slightly and then shows me a pic of a CD being inserted. If I then grab it and manually pry it open a bit more, then it works as normal.

I'm not sure if maybe I somehow messed up a sensor when prying it open to dremel out the front, or if it's an issue with the firmware not being quite right. I've been searching all over and haven't seen anyone ever have this issue before, any suggestions?

Also, I did want to report that I have android auto on a pixel 3 with android version 12, and everything besides that issue works fine (saw a bunch of posts about android 11 not working with firmware 1.02, so apparently its fixed in 12)

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for this helpful thread. Ive got a 3 year old 4400NEX that crashes A LOT with pixelating screens, continuous boot loops, and a lot of frustration. While it never actually shows the software error screen I do believe my issues is indicative of the failing SD card. I've already got the files ready to go on a new SD card.

I'd like to carve out a new SD card slot notch without removing the unit from the dash. Any last tips so I dont accidentally hit a ribbon? I was going to draw a template based on the cuts others have made in this thread, and was thinking of trying to use the cutting wheel on my Dremel to make shallow cuts. I dont believe Ive got the metal engraver attachment (only have the one meant for wood).

Sounds scary to me. 
It was so easy to remove the unit from my truck, remove the face plate from the unit, drill the hole. It took less than an hour to do it all, probably closer to half an hour and had no idea what I was doing. My advice would be to reconsider.