AVIC411.com

Z2-Bluetooth-No sound through speakers-HELP PLEASE!!!

I've got a Blackberry Pearl 8100 with AT&T (formerly Cingular) and it pairs with no problem at all automatically. When I make a call, the person can here me perfectly but I cannot here them. I followed instructions from some of you with the Pearl and it connects fine. Just no sound. tried L&R, L only and R only on the phone/nav setting. Still nothing. It's like it's muted or something. It is a Z2 and I have the ND-BT1. Anyone have a solution or suggestion? My SW version on my BB Pearl is 4.2.0.67 Platform 2.2.0.39. I am going outta my mind here. Your input is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

I honestly don't have a clue, sounds wierd as the other people can hear you.

I had a phone that actually had an option to enable handsfree, not just BT, but you had to set the option for the BT connection to handsfree. Maybe this could be with the Pearl?

If you can pair, and people can hear you, then there has got to be something else going on. The phone should work I would think.

Is there no sound at all?

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... vol+volume

I honestly don't have a clue, sounds wierd as the other people can hear you.

I had a phone that actually had an option to enable handsfree, not just BT, but you had to set the option for the BT connection to handsfree. Maybe this could be with the Pearl?

If you can pair, and people can hear you, then there has got to be something else going on. The phone should work I would think.

Is there no sound at all?

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... vol+volume

Nope, none. I believe it has to be a setting on the Z2 cause I tried a Motorola V550 and it does the same thing. Maybe the BT1 is defective. Weird as it connects so easily, just no sound. It mutes the background music and all like it's supposed to. Hmmmm. Probably some simple setting or adjustment that I am overlooking. Thanks for the reply.

I've never heard of that either. I assume your Voice volume is turned up, and that you've made sure your voice is being transmitted through the bluetooth microphone, and not just from the phone's mic near you (test by calling with the phone outside the closed car door). Other than that, try a full reset of the Z2 and make sure the cable is fully seated and that there's nothing in the speaker-out jack next to the microphone jack on the back.

Thanks guys I'll pull the deck and check the connections once again. I thought maybe the BT1 is defective. Bluetooth has always hated me anyway. Even my old earpieces. They would disconnect and re-connect all the time. Not a huge deal I'm sure Pioneer will help me out (yeah right!). If I find a solution I will post in case any one else has this issue.

Well crud! The voice recognition works. I have noticed that it's not just my phone I cannot hear but the guide voice too! I have checked and double checked the settings and volume controls. Everything is set up according to the instructions and troubleshooting guide. Mute is set to "off" the volume levels are set high. The unit mutes when the phone is on and when it's guiding you, just no sound comes out. I am considering sending it in for diagnoses. Should I call them first? How is their customer service via telephone? It couldn't be something loose or unplugged. everything else works perfect. ArgGGG!

Is the P-Bus cable plugged into the black or blue port on the BT unit? Is there an amplifier in the car and are the front RCA's being used?

I am going to pull the deck. I have amps hooked up. The front rca's are being used for my front speakers running through the amp. Do I now have to run a seperate speaker for voice? It's getting narrowed down. I have a feeling I'll resolve it today.

After much frustration I finally figured out the problem! The flippin' semi-tard installer (ADVANCED CAR STEREO) had my RCA "inputs" into the deck hooked up to what should have been the Front RCA "output". It was such an obvious thing, especially for a "professional" installer, that it was the last thing I would have looked for. I have successfully installed many sound systems in my day that have worked flawlessly for years, and with this type of technology, I thought I'd let a qualified person do it. Well, guess I was wrong. I am gonna call over there and demand a partial refund for the installation cost since I had to pretty much take it out and re-do the whole thing. He even had my amp setting screwed up to force an "internal" crossover for the fronts and rears. so basically they were running only through the rear channel and forced to perform via the "crossover" switch on the amp. Unbelievable!!! I really appreciate this forum and the advice you all gave me throughout this ordeal. It really helps to have an outsiders perspective when I'm too close to the project, lol! Hope this situation may help someone else in the future. Oh BTW, the Blackberry Pearl works great! Addresses synced and all! A slight echo for the caller on the other end is the only issue but I was told it's not that bad. Thanks all!!!