AVIC411.com

Improvments the new D4 should have. Feel free to add........

Also in the category of "only if it don't cost too much"... How about having a way to change the color of the buttons. I am lucky they match my interrior, but several cars I've put them in to do not match.

It already does. You have RED, GREEN, and BLUE controls to do just that. It also allows you to save up to three custom color presets as well.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have the navigation turn down the music volume for guidence announcements and then fade it back up.

It does have that function. You have to set it in the nav functions.

it talks over the music but it doesnt turn it down then turn it back up. At least it doesnt on mine, the manual talks about an ATT setting but do not seem to have that option.

have the navigation turn down the music volume for guidence announcements and then fade it back up.

It does have that function. You have to set it in the nav functions.

it talks over the music but it doesn't turn it down then turn it back up. At least it doesn't on mine, the manual talks about an ATT setting but do not seem to have that option.

The D3 has an option to mute the audio source while the nav voice plays. You just need to look harder through the settings, or possibly read the manual. But they are capable of doing that, it's a fact. And no, you haven't received some kind of unique or special unit that is magically missing this feature.

Odd... because it sounds to me like it's exactly what you're talking about.

Music is playing > music is turned off > Nav voice comes on > Nav voice stops > Music comes back on.

What I am looking for is:

Music is playing > music volume lowered but not turned off > Nav voice comes on > Nav voice stops > music volume fades back up to the previous setting.

Hope this clarifies.

Found it :D

it wasnt easy. start on pg 73 of the manual upper left corner.

that sends you to page 123

which describes how to turn it on in the initial setup menu. to access the initial setup menu goto pg 122.

I havent tried it yet, but I now have it set on ATT, I believe it is short for attenuate which is what I am trying to do.

thanks for the encouragement. that is one less thing they need to add for the d4.