AVIC411.com

Help: D3 in 2006 Mustang - replaced Shaker 1000 head unit

Bought the Crutchfield wiring kit, did everything by the books including putting the Radioshack voltage regulator in to stop the "pop" when system powers up (tip from the site).

1. Don't seem to be getting subwoofer. Can't crank the D3 too load before I get distortion.

2. Still have the "pop" despite the voltage regulator. Not sure why the tip didn't work, ideas?

Does the "pop" mean my subs are hooked up?

Any help much appreciated

i'm sure you could get a guy at a best buy to give ya one if you go talk to them. Ive used a 1k ohm resistor and it has gotten rid of the speaker pop. like said before make sure you use the subwoofer low level outs(rca's) to integrate the factory woofers. The pop means that you have your amps turning on with too much voltage to em. alls you need is 6v to turn a ford amp on. which harness did you get from crutchfield?

I have an 07 mustang gt with shaker 1000 and i did not do the resistor, its on back order, but I will install it as soon as i get it in. my question is, is it harming my speakers when it goes 'pop' on startup?

btw, for any mustang owner who is unsure of putting in the avic d3 with their shaker 1000, omg do it, its incredible how much better the sound quality is, i had no idea that the head unit could change so much. also, you have so much more control over the output to the rear subwoofer and other settings, sounds amazing and hits so much harder.

Found these at Radio Shack site. Nothing exactly 3k. Is 1/4watt capacity enough -- seems low?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... age=search

Anyone help here? Is 1/4 watt capacity enough?

I installed the D3 in my 2007 mustang just yesterday. I used the radio shack voltage regulator (#7805). It worked perfectly.

Found these at Radio Shack site. Nothing exactly 3k. Is 1/4watt capacity enough -- seems low?

Anyone help here? Is 1/4 watt capacity enough?

I installed the D3 in my 2007 mustang just yesterday. I used the radio shack voltage regulator (#7805). It worked perfectly.

Good tip, but I've already tried. I'm going to pull the head unit again and check my wiring of the subs and drop another Radio Shack resistor in.

Any way to test if the subs are getting a signal from the head unit? I'm thinking volt meter on the sub output, but I don't know what to expect -- is it unamplified signal or amplified?

i read a post on a ford forum about a quick fix.

2 resistors i used 1.4k

remote wire from pioneer---resistor---remote out to amp---resistor--ground

its kinda wierd to ground the end of the remote output but this effectively takes the 12v output and cuts it in half. wich is exactly what ford amps want. just thought id share

i read a post on a ford forum about a quick fix.

2 resistors i used 1.4k

remote wire from pioneer---resistor---remote out to amp---resistor--ground

its kinda wierd to ground the end of the remote output but this effectively takes the 12v output and cuts it in half. wich is exactly what ford amps want. just thought id share

Makes sense, I'm going to give it a try. Thanks!