AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

MOD NOTE: I am declaring this project dead and there is no indication that it will be further developed. There is no need to contribute to this thread any further unless there is new news indicating it will be developed further.

Please read the FAQ before posting! Click here

iOS 7 is not supported yet.

All information can be found here:

http://mikedecaro.com/appex/

Announcements will be make on Twitter:

@mikedecaro

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, dude, did you get the gsEvent working?

I wonder what the basis of springboard control not working is?

Have you thought about making an sbsettings toggle to toggle ARextensions on/off quickly, so the stock applications can be accessed? Im not sure that anyone would even want to use the stock applications if you had full iOS access (because there are much better nav/music/photo/whatever applications than the ones bundled with pioneer).

Look out, mike! Pioneer might come knocking on your door trying to give you a job ;)

nice man!!! how hard was it to crack the coding for the touch signals?

I found some code by Saurik (Veency) that support mouse clicks. I based everything off of that so it made things a bit easier. Still needs some work to get swipe gestures going but I think it's looking good so far.

I wonder what the basis of springboard control not working is?

Have you thought about making an sbsettings toggle to toggle ARextensions on/off quickly, so the stock applications can be accessed? Im not sure that anyone would even want to use the stock applications if you had full iOS access (because there are much better nav/music/photo/whatever applications than the ones bundled with pioneer).

Not sure why SpringBoard control isn't working. I'll have to do something custom for that part. The stock application's don't work by design right now. When I first got TV working, I had to disable some of built in apps because they were causing issues with the iPod app. I narrowed it down to Music, iPodOut, and another built in app for ad's but I never turned everything else back on.

I find it interesting that hackradio.me releases a video, and it inspires you to basically do the same thing in a weekend.

Fab job, dude. I think there would be several people that would be grateful enough to donate to PayPal if you set it up. This could potentially be scalable to other head units since it looks like appradio app is going to be the control app for other head units as well.

I find it interesting that hackradio.me releases a video, and it inspires you to basically do the same thing in a weekend.

I hope this didn't come off rude in any way. I was waiting for those guys to release HackRadio but I didn't realize it required the Mimic's hardware.

I hope this didn't come off rude in any way. I was waiting for those guys to release HackRadio but I didn't realize it required the Mimic's hardware.

Not rude at all, dude. No one has any expectation that you HAVE to update your extensions (I think I don't only speak for myself when I say that). Throughout history, though, you find innovation happening seemingly in parallel. Bell was working on the telephone at the same time as his competitors, there was a rival team to Watson and crick to elidicate the structure of DNA... And while this is not quite as momentous as the aforementioned, hackradio shows up on the scene, and that inspires you to do the same thing, but taking a slightly different direction.

Make no mistake, I'm a big fan, and if I had more time to brush up my programming skills, these are the kinds of projects I wish I could get into.

Look out, mike! Pioneer might come knocking on your door trying to give you a job ;)

Yeah I wouldn't bet on it. Although that would likely be awesome for Mike, Pioneer wouldn't pay him nowhere near what he would be worth sense they have their third rate Chinese software coders. After all, that is why we need Mike in the first place.

Honestly folks, on that note I would like to make a call out to all of you to donate to him now. Take five minutes of your time and money while you browse this forum and send some love to his Paypal account. He is bringing great value to your AppRadios for free that Pioneer should have brought in the first place for the hundreds of dollars you spent for them. Lets make it happen people.