AVIC411.com

Do I really have to scroll through hundreds of iPod lists?

...to get to the song I want? This is on an AVIC-D3

Let's say I have 300 pages of artist names, and the one I want to listen to alphabetically comes in at number 150. Do I really have to either press the up or down arrow 150 times to get to that artist, or hold the button down and listen to it beep 150 times and wait minutes for it to get there?

This can't be right. I must be missing something. Pioneer wouldn't possibly be that idiotic, would they? I mean, why copy over the look and feel of the scroll wheel, if it isn't going to allow the ability to quickly scroll down your lists and also see what letter you're on?

Any hacks, ideas, or ways to deal with it?

Count yourself lucky. I had the 980BT with the Ipod interface unit. It would literally only show 3 artists then lag like a 56k connection playing Counter Strike when you tried to scroll further.

In the end, you had to cull down your artist list, make a ton of playlists or just be patient and hope you could get to the song you wanted before you made it to your destination.

Ultimately its why I sold the dang thing.

I took someones advice from the forum here and changed the genre to a single letter-a-z-#, I then went into itunes and renamed the genre to the artist name (just a single letter). Now if I want to search, I select the artist-album-song.

Its a little bit to set up but it does work great.

Mark T

Chicago

I took someones advice from the forum here and changed the genre to a single letter-a-z-#, I then went into itunes and renamed the genre to the artist name (just a single letter). Now if I want to search, I select the artist-album-song.

Its a little bit to set up but it does work great.

Mark T

Chicago

Sounds interesting, but I don't follow how you're going about this. Do you mind expanding on it a bit?