AVIC411.com

Thank you Circuit City

Recently I purchased the D3 online, mentioned in a previous thread, I had the unit installed today at circuit city with a few old gift cards, hey why not.

I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to mess with the bypass, regardless of the ease... turns out all you successful bypassers knew how important that bypass is

Knowing that having Circuit City install a mobile navigation system they most likely had a strict set of procedures that they didn't stray from so I didnt even bother to get a response to the silly question if they were willing to do that quick wire switch.

A few hours later came to pick the car up and the firedog tech explained that they went ahead and ulocked the entire functionality of the unit while the car would be in motion, no additional cost

Not going to mention which store it was publicly, and if i get into an accident because of this thing can't they be liable? Im not saying another word but this was a nice little surprise, anyone else have similar experiences? Am i just making a big deal over nothin?

It's nothing man... Just because they did the bypass, you're the one operating the unit. You could have told them to take off the bypass and install it normally. If you kill a bunch of people while driving, it's still your fault.

You can sue if you want. But you won't win. Not only because you are already fully aware that they performed the bypass and didn't ask them to change it back, but they can deny it 100% because you have no proof at all that they were the ones who performed the bypass. Unless it says so on the receipt. And on a side note, Circuit City has WAY more money to spend on lawyers than you do.

how hard is it getting an installer to do the bybass?

Depends on the installer, really. Some will do it for very little during an install, some will do it, but charge a lot to do it, and some won't do it no matter how much you offer them to.

Well, the sad thing is I found it easier to disable the motion inhibitor anyway. It was actually more difficult to dig around under the dash trying to find my break cable, backup indicator and everything else.

So my guess is, same thing for them. Instead of digging around your car trying to find wires, you can do everything right behind the dash.

It wasn't a favor, it was being lazy. So, pretty typical if you ask me.

the bypass will show you whos "cool" and whos a "douche"

if someone bypasses ur unit without you even knowing then they are the coolest person of all. because they didnt want u to not be able to use your navigation unit that u paid good muny for while ur driving. which by the way is MOST OF THE TIME UR IN UR VEHICLE!!!

IF you want to get absolutely technical, both the installer and the company he works for could be held liable if you get into an accident. And the insurance companies involved would be the ones involved in the lawsuit. I read an article a while back about that happening, I'll see if I can find it.