AVIC411.com

Uploading Background Images

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="htrdlnc"] [quote name="JasonH"]All the units use 500x240.[/quote]

Are you sure, beacause the Z1 is the only one with a 7" screen.[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised. It's not uncommon for one device to have a 6.5 inch screen and one to have a 7 inch screen and both have the same resolution.

That happened with me and a camera, my mom has the cannon SD400 with the 2 inch screen and I got the SD550 with the 2.5 inch screen (both situations are 0.5 inch difference but with the digital camera going from 2 to 2.5 inches is a much bigger % difference). And both screens were the exact same resolution. You couldn't fit more on the screen, they just made the dots bigger.

I'm not saying this is what pioneer is doing, but just a 7.2% difference in screen size doesn't mean they changed the resolution. It could be the same as the 6.5 inch screens.
[quote name="Archangel"]I finally got it to work using Nero. I made several sized images and the one that went to all edges of the screen for me measured 2592 (width) by 1305 (height) pixels with a resolution of 300 PPI.[/quote]

Why don't you post some of those pictures up here for us for us to use as templates or something so we get an idea of what works.
[quote name="03Vic-HPP"]Yep, the 2592x1305 did it, this is the image Im using for AV bacground...

[img]http://www.crownvic.us/~wj4va/z1.jpg[/img][/quote]

I used the above settings (2592x1305) and it worked great. Thanks for the information guys. I've attached a pic of my Z1.
Nero is the ticket. I DL'd it from ZDNet and was able to upload 11 new images via disc to my Z1. I selected 2 that I liked but will leave the disc in the truck to change as I see fit.l

~WW

[url]http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2646-10532369.html[/url]
Well, I'm totally stumped. I followed the directions exactly. I used Nero, but when I put the cd in, it simply says "disk unreadable", if I put in a cd that has all the songs in root, it tells me, correctly, that I need to create a pictures directory, so it is reading the disk at some level. So, what am I doing wrong. Can it be that I need to use a cd-rw rather than a cd-r disk? Help.
Attached is a Lexus GS400 background for the Z1. The logo is a custom
job and the wallpaper blends with the Z1 motif. And, yes, the GS is
Millennium Silver like the logo. I have full-res if anyone needs one. Send
a PM.

[url]http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/79784[/url]