AVIC-Z2 in a Lamborghini Gallardo - Few Questions

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

DAMN, pimp car man. Nice to have cool toys like that. My cool expensive toy is my soon to be Z2. I'm looking to buy the z2, but I'm stuck between the D3 and Z2. Money is not an issue between the two, more of what model is better and more functional.

How do you like it so far?...I really want it but want more info on it from pepz who actually own it. What do you like and dislike about it?

How do you like it so far?...I really want it but want more info on it from pepz who actually own it. What do you like and dislike about it?

Personally, unless you think you'll make use of the harddrive storage space for music, there's no way I could justify the extra money for the Z2 now. I don't necessarily regret buying my Z1, but I'm not at all satisfied with it from a performance standpoint. It's great hardware crippled by a terrible UI.

$0.02

I really like mine so far. I've only used the Nav maybe twice so far, and it seems to work well. But I didn't really get it for the Nav, more important to me was the XM Sat radio - I can't live without it, so I guess any head unit could have worked.

The few times I have used the Nav, it seemed faster than my other cars that have DVD based Nav systems. The menus can be a little confusing since there are alot of them compared to the factory nav setups which are VERY basic.

I only decided to get the Z2 because I wanted something in there that had a good value to go along with the car in case I decide to upgrade in the near future.

I haven't put any music on the HD yet, but it seems pretty straightforward from what I read in the manual.

I like the bluetooth setup, too - but again, that could be adapted to any head unit.

Overall I like the unit - another big plus for me was that the Z2 allows some custom screens, which is really cool and lets you personalize the Nav unit to your liking (See above pics).

I only decided to get the Z2 because I wanted something in there that had a good value to go along with the car in case I decide to upgrade in the near future.

STUPID QUESTION

WTF are you going to upgrade to? A Bugatti Veyron OR Koenigsegggg

Ha. That's a different tax bracket. Possibly a Spyder or the new LP560/4...

Yum.....

03_live_lambo_g.jpg

Seriously? you can afford that car, and you dont want to pay someone to do it for you.

nutty.

Looks good tho... I think the VSS wire is actualy in the Factory Radio harness, pin 1.

Verify it with a DMM, however you will rarely need the VSS wire...... as long as you have good GPS reception.

Wolfz23

• 2 weeks later...