AVIC411.com

Two D3 questions - Battery Death, and no speaker amp.

• 4 weeks later...

OK - More tests over the past weeks...

The factory radio back in, no power issues - The car was off for three days and no issues.

Last weekend I put my Avic-D3 back in, Stop driving on Thursday at 5pm - Car cranked a SMALL amount at 7pm on Sunday and wouldnt start.

This weekend (same Thursday-Sun) Kept Avic-D3 in disconnected all power to amp - Car did start, but the crank was SLOW and just made it. (warmer than week before) - So I dont think the amp is the issue.

Is there a place that would repair the avic? Would an Optima Yellow D34 help at all? I know the Vues have that feature to stop a battery from going to too low - One time I had my car jumped by the roadside people and he said not to let a view sit without starting for 20 minutes or it may not start.

Thanks

I agree HiFiSi - But I dont see where the problem can be. I have tried two batteries - Disconncted stuff, etc... I checked for AMPs being drawn and it was low - had Autozone check the system and they agreed that the system isnt drawing any extra power when idle.

I love my Avic and I would hate to pull it ... (Hate even more to buy another one ...)

Its connected using a wiring harness for the Vue that I purchased on the net - Nothing major, just a standard harness.

I have done an AMP draw test and it doesnt show any abnormal draw (as autozone also did a test and confirmed my results). I will do another one tonight just in case.

I also had the car into my Saturn dealer and they ran diags on all parts of the charging system and all came back good (Alternator/etc...)

These are all good tips. Remember also that on GM products until you open the door the radio will not power off.

GM 12volt taps for acc like cell phones and the like are not keyed. Meaning they are on all the time...

Consequently if you leave in/on a 12volt cell charger or adjunct you are draining the battery. No matter what type Optima or brand x