AVIC411.com

D3 Bluetooth Voice-Dialing Problems = Class Action Lawsuit?

Guest astrobill

All:

We're all starting to discover the "voice dialing" feature the AVIC-D3 is supposed to offer with the CDBTB200 is not usable because one can't hear the questions one's phone is asking when the phone is in voice dial mode...

Even if the AVIC-D3 correctly initiates voice dialing on a Bluetooth-compliant phone (not a given), it does *NOT* allow one to hear the phone's voice dialing prompts (i.e., it's MUTING them)!

Bottom line: We can't safely use hands-free voice dialing because Pioneer appears to have deviated from Bluetooth programming standards.

This is a major problem, and Pioneer refuses to give consistent replies to those of us who have repeatedly called them about this.

Class-action lawsuit to force Pioneer to fix this? Thoughts?

Wow...didn't know it was THAT bad. I may not install it at all, now. How does the unit function if you control the dialing by the phone itself? I know it doesn't solve the problem you mention, but it's better than holding the phone to your ear.

It would by nice to have the unit use voice dial, we did pay for it. My Jabra headset works great with the voice dialing in Bluetooth, so I know it works. I am really disapointed that my new phone (LG Voyager) cant connect with the BT200 in BT Audio. This feature would have put me on cloud nine with the BT200 and I could overlook the voice dialing feature. This makes the BT200 a piece that is only delivering half the features it advertised. All in All I have to say that if I had know that all these problems existed i would have opted out on the BT200. The phone function's work great and the phone book transfered better with the V07 for my phone. In the defence of the BT200 I have to say I have not Idetified if it is the BT200 or Voyager that wont link in BT Audio. I am not saying a class action suit is the answer, but an update to this unit would make me happy. The D3 is a great unit and I am very happy with it, but I think the BT200 is a unit that was not tested or programed well enough.

I don't know what prompts you are talking about that are being muted, but the voice dialing on my D3 works with my Motorola RAZR. It takes a few seconds for the voice mode to engage, but it works. I would be more pissed about the address book not transferring from so many phones.

LOL! I love it.

Pioneer: Here. We made this cause we thought you might like. You can buy it if you want it.

Consumer: hey, thanks! Does it work with my phone?

Pioneer: Bluetooth is complicated and every phone is different. So, it might.

Consumer: Well, I'll risk it and buy it anyway.

Pioneer: Cool. I hope you like it.

Consumer: HEY! I just tried it and it only mostly works with my phone even through it fully works with my friends phone. ... Just like you said!!!!! Fix it now!

Pioneer: Feel free to take it back if you don't like it. We don't need your money.

Consumer: NO! Instead, I'll hang on to it AND try to take your money. Say hello to my ridiculous lawsuit!

Pioneer: Good luck.

Also, a lawsuit against Pioneer about limited functionality of the bluetooth unit wouldn't make it 5 seconds before your lawyer tells you to get the hell out of his office. Because, stated right in the product description, as well as in the owner's manual and product packaging, most likely it says this:

Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers. Some Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones may not be fully compatible with (and certain features/functionality may be limited with) a Bluetooth-enabled Pioneer system.

Which in layman's terms means, you can't do jack about it.

voice dialing works just fine with my RAZR, maybe you should sue the company that made your phone.

Interesting, I cannot get audible voice prompts with my RAZR. :? Everything else works well, including the BT audio and other calling functions. I did have to transfer one phonebook entry at a time, though.

I've got the ones I call most in the 6 presets so I'm only one more touch from calling them handsfree.

Guest astrobill

To the one guy who says he's got voice dialing working with the Motorola RAZR....did you read my post carefully?

The Pioneer equipment IS properly starting voice dial mode on some phones. That's not the problem. The problem is none of us can HEAR the voice dial PROMPTS coming from a phone, even after the AVIC correctly puts it in voice mode.

In other words, most of us have phones that ask you "Did you say call Joe?" or "Dial which number?"...to which one must answer "Yes" or "No" or "Mobile" or whatever...

If you can't hear the phone asking you these questions when in voice dial mode, how the heck do you use voice dialing?? Do you not understand my point?

So, here are the statistics so far:

People who have the same problem I'm having: About 5,000

People who say voice dialing is working right: 1 (svtjackal)

Also, who would "shut down" the site if we discuss this? LOL

I understand what you are saying. I don't hear prompts. I can see on the AVIC display when the voice dial is ready and I say who I want to call. Again, I don't think this is a Pioneer problem. There are just too many phones out there and there is no way Pioneer can make the AVIC work perfectly with everyone of them. I think to even consider a lawsuit is over reacting.

Guest astrobill

Ok, well maybe a lawsuit WOULD be overreacting, but you have to admit this is a bit of a safety issue...my Bluetooth headset is more "hands free" than the AVIC and BTB200 are...

I suppose I was hoping all of us would scream "YES!" and then Pioneer would read this and issue a software fix.

Speaking of fixes or updates, aren't we due for a nav disk update??? v1.0 was made over a year ago....

you have to admit this is a bit of a safety issue...

You know what's even safer? Not using the phone at all while driving.

Seriously, man... If you think there's a safety issue, don't use it. Nobody's making you make phone calls and nobody's making you use the bluetooth module to do it. If you don't like how it works, don't use it. Because arguing about it on the internet isn't going to do a damn thing.