AVIC411.com

D3 Bluetooth Voice-Dialing Problems = Class Action Lawsuit?

Can other D3 owners concur?

Because in the Z2, you can hear the voice prompt say "Please say Phone number"

Doesn't make sense to me because the D3 series came out after the Z1 had already came out and the D3's interface is more updated.

:!:

As for it being a class action law-suit, I can't seem to figure out what your Theory of Case would be.

If u went to a good shop they would have tested it on the show room floor and then u could have made your mind up then and there.Now with that bieng said I do have the same problem my girls razor phone wont work with voice commands but my buddies razor will the problem is u may think u have the same phone but u dont cause of different service providers.

If u want voice commands buy a parrot 3200 they always work with voice commands they are also providing bt for pioneer this year so there very well may be a fix to your problem....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest astrobill

HiFiSi:

Everybody else's non-Pioneer equipment on the road does fantastic, safe, totally hands-free voice dialing. The AVIC completely tubes it, requiring hands-on manipulation while driving. Dozens of people on here totally agree with me and are posting about the problem all over the forums.

Your response? "Sure, it's less safe...so stop complaining and just don't use the Bluetooth". Umm...yeah, thanks for the helpful suggestion, dude.

Rather than just admit the AVIC is messed up, you constantly seem hell-bent on being the appointed defender of Pioneer. Are you a Pioneer employee or dealer, or something?

I don't get why you insist on arguing with anyone who points out what a laboratory prototype piece of @^% the entire AVIC series is, instead of getting on the bandwagon and helping make that point to Pioneer in the hopes they'll redo the entire software and issue appropriate fixes.

If the AVIC is so great and works so well (as you seem to think) how do you personally explain the need for an entire web site (i.e., THIS ONE) and a massive community of people dedicated to getting this piece of garbage to work?

Is there a KENWOOD5120411.com? Do you see an AlpineBlackBird411 or a Magellan411 website? Er...no.

Bottom line: Pioneer tried to beat the market, and released the AVIC series while still trying to get the thing to work properly. They apparently did almost no user interface testing and hired no human factors engineers to make this thing usable. My Kenwood goes in next week...

Good luck in your career with Pioneer, HiFiSi!

- B

Guest astrobill

djmixmac...

what do you mean "can other D3 owners concur" ? If you do a few simple searches on these forums, you'll find dozens of us all having this problem. Who cares if the D3 came out after the Z2? The problem is real, it's serious, and dozens of us are having it. This is not a dream. Read the forums, man.

The main reason I bought the D3 was because I needed hands free, I drive a stick shift. I just bought it, and I also have found that the voice commands coming from the phone are not being passed to the head unit. So its no good. Also, you can't add entries into the phonebook, to top all this off, I get to dial the number on the unit, or call via the phone, then put it down.

Wonder if they can tell us what phones really work with their product, I wonder if they really know...

Not a very happy customer

Somewhere on this site I found the profiles required for the Pioneer BT device

they were GAP, SDP, HSP, HFP, A2DP, AND OPP

So I started looking for info on these protocols, and profiles, and found the link below. It lists a lot of phones, and what they are setup for. The link below is missing GAP and SDP. But it may contain the important ones

Hope this helps!

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/BT_Chart_Handsets.pdf

Guest astrobill

All:

Pioneer finally got back to me (over 60 days late) and has provided the following response:

Today, Pioneer engineering officially stated to me that Pioneer DOES NOT SUPPORT the capability to hear voice-dialing prompts from a Bluetooth-capable phone!!

As far as they are concerned, as long as you can touch "Voice" on the AVIC and put your phone into voice-dialing mode, they are done. It does not matter that we can't hear our phones guiding us through the voice dialing process. It does not matter that t's unsafe while driving to be forced to look at your phone while attempting to voice dial.

Glad I'm selling my AVIC and putting in a Kenwood high-end nav unit next week.

- Astrobill

• 2 years later...

I just recently noticed thr voice button on the phone menu of the d3,

I usually dial from my iPhone but for some reason I hit the button insted yesterday

and the voice prints actually came over the speaker, it was actually really nice

but I couldn't get it to duplicate again. I guess it was just a malfunction.. Oh well