AVIC411.com

I had a Professional installer install mine in my 07 Avalanche. And it took him 4 hours just to program the thng. He said it's a real pain the the butt! but he did it. I wasn't there, but he said that he did have to do it many times before he got it to work.
i got the swi-ps, for people that dont know it is a hardwire adapter, not the swi-x which is ir. so there is barly any lag at all.

took me 2min to program cause thats really all the time you have.

it was tricky at first. but read the directions a few times before u try it so u have an idea whats after each step when you attempt.
[quote name="NYRngrs24"]i got the swi-ps, for people that dont know it is a hardwire adapter, not the swi-x which is ir. so there is barly any lag at all.[/quote]
That's what I have and the lag is pretty bad.... i need to hold the buttons down for about half a second or it'll just ignore it. Tapping doesn't do anything. Pretty annoying, but until Pioneer comes out with their own hardwire kit, that's what i'm stuck with I guess. Perhaps reprogramming it with the car on might do something.
oo, i have that "lag" it doesn't bother me. i thought u had like a second or two of lag. like the IR version would have in some cars. well you gotta realize it has to convert the signal into pioneer language, thast what the lag is. and even if pioneer came out with an adapter to hook up the stock buttons on the steering wheel there would still be lag since it would be converting it.

all cars have different resistance for the buttons.
My install of the SWI-PS took about 15 minutes, the programming took about 5 and there's zero lag. I'm using mine in a GMC truck, so to the poster that said it took his installer 4 hours to put the SWI-PS into his Avalanche you should demand your money back, it couldn't have been any easier to install in a GM vehicle especially compared to the typical hoops with the Bose amp and OnStar interfaces.

Any button I hit on my steering wheel controls is a short press and instantly recognized by the Z1.

And the best feature about the SWI-PS is that I get a mute button now on the Z1. I'm still amazed they left the mute functionality off of the Z1, but then again they left RDS off the tuner too so it shouldn't be too surprising I guess.
I don't know if it's a LAG, but I used to be able to press a steering wheel button for a very small fraction of a second and the radio would react. I also have climate control buttons on my steering wheel and they react like that. With the SWI-PS, I have to hold the button down for maybe 1/2 second before the SWI-PS will react and send the command to the head unit. It's not a lag really. I guess it's a lag from when my finger first pushes the button until the radio reacts, that time has increased, but I just got used to pushing the button down for 1/2 second and it's fine.
  • 2 months later...
Yah, but the stock system uses the same wire and has a much quicker sample than the Pac SWI-PS. So the question is why does it have to take so long to hold down the button before the pac sees the button press? I'm sure the engineer has a reason, but it might be able to be less and therefore less "lag".