AVIC411.com

avic d3 discontinued

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope its not true. I just got my d3, it would suck that they yank it from the shelves and its only been out about a year.

I'll be very displeased if they bring out a replacement product so soon with better functionality, ipod interface and fix all the other little issues with the d3 without first offering a firmware update for existing d3 owners.

Hopefully it just means bestbuy will discontinue selling it.

Most gear only has a 1-year run. The rebate is being offered to clear them out to make way for something new. But the smoking prices on the D3 make it attractive. I already put one in about a month ago, and am looking to put one in my other car at these prices!

Fear not. D3 is NOT being discontinued. When it entered the market a little over a year ago, it was the best value nav unit on the market. Look what came down the line this year to compete- An Eclipse that has a remvable tom tom? Ugly, small screen, lack of features, shall I go on? A Kenwood that looks really close to the D3 with Navtech built in. Upgradeable? Burn it to CD-ROM and MAYBE it will work. And iPod is not as nice, imho. Alpine? Overpriced. Panasonic? Lacks alot of really desirable features. When Pioneer lowered the price/gave a rebate (depending on retailer/box store) these things are FLYING off the shelf.

Besides, the only thing comeing down the line from Pioneer for installed nav unit is the Z3. D4 will most likely be a Christmas release.

They have PLENTY of D3 still in inventory. I bought mine a few weeks ago from CartronixPLus ... they sell out and restock all the time and the build date on my D3 was JULY 2007 ... and I bought it in February 2008.

I say once inventory is depleted they will announce D4. If they announce D4 too soon they will be screwed with excess D3 inventory.

I grabbed the D3 ... My guess is when the replacement comes out ... the price will go back to $999 ... more than I wanted to pay.

It would be nice if the D4 would do iPod album cover art and animated displays (equalizer and such or moving wallpaper.)

An installer friend here in Wa that works for Best Buy said its going bye bye.

I think that they're combining them to make it more marketable. Basically they added all that stuff (about $200 worth) and kept the price the same and now they added a $200 rebate. So I think they're doing what they can to push them out the door. The new models are in the new catalogs and website. They've all but been released. Dealer cost on a 3X package is about $750. The thing used to retail at around $900 alone. Price is dropping fast. It is now the best deal on the market I think.

I've installed a few others and The ones that sell In the $400-500 range don't even come close. Jensen, Boss Its a piece o junk. People buy that crap to "floss" the screen.