AVIC411.com

avic d3 discontinued

Funny, last catalog I saw (yesterday) showed the Z3 as the only upgrade this rear in nav. Again, D3 does not look like it will be replaced until around Christmas or even after CES 2009. And the website showed the same thing. Yes, the D3X is a bargain, and rebate was done to help sales during Tax Refund Season. It's helped at my shop. We cannot keep them in stock, as we are up to around 10 a week.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats good certain stores discontinue at different times it dont mean other stores wont still carry it, big department stores like to switch up displays and stuff alot its not a big deal, but ill tell you what if they do, you will be able to buy thier stock cheap and my buddie works at the local one and said i could get his display dirt cheap and its in great shape!!!!

the build date on my D3 was JULY 2007 ... and I bought it in February 2008.

The build date on my D3 is November 2007. If there was a D4, don't you think they would have stopped producing the D3 by now? I don't think the D3 is going anywhere.

My boss went to the distributor to get me an 3x package and they said that they can't get them any more. So I'm SOL on that deal. So what is the deal cause they were selling the 3x at the same dealer cost and now its just the AVIC by itself for the same price ? What?

And some retail stores are stripping the package and selling each piece seperate. So they are (the store) are getting all the extra stuff for free.

My point is, I was told that they added the extra stuff instead of lowering the price. Now I'm told I can't get the 3x Package. Who would buy a D3 alone for the same as a 3x package. Car Toys- Sells the 3x package for $1 more than the D3 unit alone. $999. Why would you payy $998 for a D3 alone when you can get all the other junk for a dollar more.

I bought a D3 alone for $550 shipped (cheaper than our cost). I already have the BTB200.

I also placed an order for a AVH 4000DVD that may be here as soon as next week. So probably $420 for the AVH-4000DVD. So I plan to keep one sell the other. It may be easy to sell a D3 for $550 after all this hoople with 3x and rebates is over. We'll see maybe it will pay off. I might make a lil profit.

• 3 weeks later...

I work at CC and from what I was told our last shipments of the D3 were in the first few weeks of march and that it was to be discontinued in april. And that to look for new units come may. Those were the words that came straight from corporate, specifically the guy who sets up what products we will carry.

Huh??? The Z3 has already been out for about a week.

And there is no D4. They are on F apparently...though our rep said at least July when I asked him about what I saw on the european site today

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14202

Did your rep say that these units would be released in the US and likely be the replacement for the D series or an additional line. What is the future of the D series?