AVIC411.com

My Avic z2 was STOLEN!!!!

Well guys, my F-350 was broken into last night and my prized Z2 was taken. I've only had it since Ocotber and I loved having it. They popped the driver door lock to get in and absolutely ripped the thing out. I had XM/Traffic, Bluetooth, and the iPod adapter, all of which they left behind. But of course damaged all the cables. They left all my amps and subs/speakers and just took the unit. Very amateur, because they probably did more damage to the unit by forcing it out. They left behind a large screwdriver with a plastic handle so I can only hope the police can lift prints to put a face on the scum that did it (highly doubtful). It's frustrating, but I will replace it and put a nice alarm on it. People disgust me. For my family, I am glad that I didn't catch them in the act or I would be sitting in a cell right now for putting 10 rounds from my .45 into their worthless body. UGH! I just upgraded it and it was working flawless. Anyone know where I can get wires and cables for the adapters I mentioned? Any help is appreciated. THanks!

Oh btw, the officer told me that it's one of the hottest items for thieves so do what you can to protect your investment. The thing that sucks is it's hard to conceal it since it's touch screen Double-Din.

Yeah it sucks, and I am ticked, but I should have put an alarm on my truck. THe Avic Z2's on ebay are less expensive now than when I bought mine. Can't have anything nice without some A-HOLE trying to take it from you.

THanks for the link. The cable pricing is ridiculous from Pioneer. WOW! Might as well replace the periphs for that cost.

Whenever I leave my car in a parking lot I put a towel over the dash and it hangs over the navigation unit. I also heard of a way to make a fake cover to go over the unit that makes it look like a cheap radio. Another possibility is to get a piece of plexiglas...crack it...and lay it over the z1 screen to make it look like its broken..no one would want to take it.

Just some crazy ideas that might work.

Well I have AAA, and they were dancing around the fact that it's an "after market" stereo and that it may not be covered! I was like BULLS***!!! Over 9 years of coverage with them and not one single claim! They had better cover it. I pay over $3k/yr for all my cars, boat and rv's with them. Figure I've paid them more than $40k in premiums and they can't cover me for $2k. Please. What a bunch of crap!

Good ideas on the disguising. I think that just with a good/great alarm, I should be ok. What a horrible pissed off feeling though.

They took my Kenwood DVD unit 6019, Ipod adapter, Bluetooth adaptor, Xm receiver and my 80gig video Ipod. No alarm except for factory. truck..broke back slider glass. Had as much time in there as they wanted. Insurance company repaired window and replaced the system and upgraded me to the Z2 since my Kenwood is no longer made. Came out and installed it onsite. No more sending checks anymore I guess. Great upgrade for me. And they threw in the XM traffic with the XM. I need an alarm NOW !!! BADLY !!

Ford F250 Crew Cab Super Duty Powerstroke

Thnking about a Viper alarm, 2-way, with auto start etc. Any other ideas ?

It does SUCK having someone violate your truck !!

I had a Viper 5900 installed 2 weeks ago and it alerts me when the alarm is tripped.I recently installed the Eclipse 5435.You gotta install an alarm when you have these type of upgrades.It won't stop them but it will slow them down and maybe go to the next car.

please dont slander dei just because one guy you know has had issues with them

dei makes the best alarm systems on the market and thats y youll find there stuff in all big-box stores and alot of mom and pop shops. when a company carries compustar or autopage or audiovox its most likely just because they "cost" less. those same companies most likely use directechs.

i bet almost all installers that read this post use dei stuff

ever used directechs? best wiring info arround although i cant say i love there tech support.

so again i understand your friend told you this but please dont sway peoples oppinions on something youve never used yourself.

as far as the bypasses go - youll find there alot alike from brand to brand and they all use "databus" now. the directed xk modules are even upgradeable. i loves them

dont mean to snap at you but your talking about the largest alarm manufacturer in the US. and if yall want to see what a real badass alarm looks like check out the "responder le" soon to be released

Oh, I have used them and I know plenty of people that have them. Most of them are complaining about how many time they will not work standing right next to the vehicle let alone the range it is suppose to do. And no offense, but just because all of the big box stores carry them dont mean crap, go to best buy or circuit city and try to talk to them about car alarms. Most of them there dont have a clue what they are selling. There is many products out there by many different manufactures and last time I checked this was America and people had choices about what they choice and it was a recommendation to him to look at products other then DEI's 6 brands all with different names.

It also depends on the installer as to how well the alarm works.I'm sure on a good day, in the country,line of sight,I'll get a mile range,probably ! I do know that I was 3 blocks from my house and I disarmed my truck.I'm not talking about down the street where I could see it.I drove down to the end of the block made a right and drove 2 more blocks and disarmed it.