AVIC411.com

WHO HAS THE BEST PRICE ON THE Z-1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know who has the best price but I really doubt their authorized its just another one of those mailorder/internet sites here is their website I'm thinking of picking one tommorrow. what do you think? [url=http://www.thecamerapros.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=31772]http://www.thecamerapros.com/prodetails ... odid=31772[/url]
[quote name="grcplaya"]http://www.thecamerapros.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=31772[/quote]

Just checked that link.
Now I gotta say that beats the lowest price I have seen it anywhere by at least $100.00.
Funny thing is, the rest of the accessories are overpriced even when compared to Pioneers own MSRP listing.
Anyway, you can bet there is no factory warranty behind that.

Pretty much the only online store I know of that is a factory authorized dealer for Pioneer is crutchfield.com.
Large chain stores like Circuit City and Best Buy are as well, check pioneerusa.com for more listings.

I was debating a long long time whether to risk it and get a cheap unit from an online store for around $1500. A recent seriously bad experience with buying a large HDTV online however swayed me into paying a bit more to get it from a local reputable installer who if even not an authorized dealer will exchange the unit himself if it is faulty.

The trouble with those online store is, if you read their policies they pretty much have you beat, they usually always impose a restocking fee, sometimes even if the unit is damaged, they have very strange rules like you must sign for a package even if there is shipping damage (be ready for a 1 - 2 month battle to get that sorted) and some won't let you send a unit back if you opened the box (hello, how are you supposed to try out the unit to see if it works without opening the box).

Its a trade-off, pay more, peace of mind, pay less and gamble.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
I actualy purchased my Avic-Z1 from "The Camera Pros.com" about 3 weeks ago. I got it two days later. I did however have to purchase a seperate warranty that they offered for 3 years for $300.00 which means that if anything goes wrong with the unit, it either gets fixed or replaced. They send the warranty certificate when you get the unit.
I agree, lets say that you pay a couple hundred less, but if the unit blows then you'd practically be stuck with the unit.

I was wondering if 6ave.com is an authorized re-seller since they have physical storefronts.

I am planning on buying from 6ave .

should i speak to some one in particular at 6ave? (dialing the 888 number for the web store front or just call up one of the individual stores and buy from them directly.)

thanks
[quote name="eap0108"]I actualy purchased my Avic-Z1 from "The Camera Pros.com" about 3 weeks ago. I got it two days later. I did however have to purchase a seperate warranty that they offered for 3 years for $300.00 which means that if anything goes wrong with the unit, it either gets fixed or replaced. They send the warranty certificate when you get the unit.[/quote]

what do you mean you *HAD* to buy the warranty for 3 years for 300.00?

Anyone that has worked at a retail store knows that the only reason these retailers sell these warranties is because they are pure profit at the time of sale, typically a salesperson will make on a high ticket item like this a "spiff" (i.e. what its generally called, a bonus compensation) of anywhere from 10-150 dollars on the sale of the warranty.

The warranties are usually worthless and you will never use it, and if you did need to use it, the company offering the insurance will always pull some fine print from the agreement on the warranty so that they can escape any responsibility for your claim.

So when you say, you *had* to buy this warranty, is it because they didnt want to sell you the unit without the warranty, or is it because you just decided to buy it to feel better since they are not an authorized retailer?

If you bought it because you HAD to buy it or they wouldnt sell you the unit, then take whatever price you paid for the unit and add the cost of the warranty (300.00) in this case, and that is the real price you paid for the unit from them, and mind you, without a manufacturers authentic warranty because they are not an authorized retailer.

I think this information might help some people out in their future decisions to purchase, and i would admit that in certain cases and with certain large national chain retailers that do sell these types of warranties, it is not necessarily a rip off, since they make this claim process easier for you by having a service department like best buy or circuit city and you can show them your original reciept of purchase and your warranty reciept and they deal with the extended warranty company directly, but remember, this is after having paid the full retail price from them and purchasing an extended warranty on top of it.

my philosophy is, you cant get something for nothing.

laters guys.
No I mean "I HAD TO" because I wanted to....not because they wouldn't sell it to me without it, because they were going to. It was my decision at the end of the conversation with them. So you don't have to purchase it if you don't want to. I chose to because they weren't a authorized dealer for the unit and the unit is covered 100% (except theft :D )for three years. I don't know of anywhere where you can walk into a place after let's say for the sake of aguement 16 months and expect them to fix or return it without some sort of charge. I have a warranty certificate that states all of the particulars without charging for repairs or exchange for the extent of the warranty (36 months). And the repair or exchange is done by any pioneer authorized dealer.
[quote name="eap0108"]No I mean "I HAD TO" because I wanted to....not because they wouldn't sell it to me without it, because they were going to. It was my decision at the end of the conversation with them. So you don't have to purchase it if you don't want to. I chose to because they weren't a authorized dealer for the unit and the unit is covered 100% (except theft :D )for three years. I don't know of anywhere where you can walk into a place after let's say for the sake of aguement 16 months and expect them to fix or return it without some sort of charge. I have a warranty certificate that states all of the particulars without charging for repairs or exchange for the extent of the warranty (36 months). And the repair or exchange is done by any pioneer authorized dealer.[/quote]

gotcha! ok yeah thats good man! your right about that. Good to go!!!
Cool. enjoy your Z1 man, i gotta wait a little to get mine and im probably gonna end up going with 6ave from what i have read on this board. So. ill soon have mine with all the bells and whistles.
It seems that most of the low priced internet sellers are not authorized dealers. If you purchase the extended waranty, I would think that the unit is covered for a few years. You would still save some money compared to buying it from an authorized dealer like Crutchfield who sell it for top dollars. When you buy from the authorize dealer, you only get a 1 year warranty unless you pay more for it. I am undecided and would to know what others think.
i bought mine from bluestripephoto.com the price was 1444.99and i also bought the 4 yr extended warranty for 199. or grand total of 1643.99. i asked them if they were an authorized dealer and they said no but they are an authorized reseller. if that makes a diffrence i dont know but i was assurred that it did come with the one year manuf. warrantty. if any one knows the deal about an reseller versus a dealer when it comes to warrenttys could some one fill us in
If you buy from a non-authorized dealer, then you will not get the one year manufacturers waranty. It's like buying from a seller who has a unit to sell on ebay. You can go to pioneerelectronics.com and send email to them and ask. Those internet sellers will say anything to sell you a unit. I sent email asking a seller if they are an authorized Pioneer dealer and they said yes. I sent email to Pioneer asking them if I will get the waranty if I buy from a particular seller on the internet and they said no because they are not an authorized dealer. I don't trust what these sellers tell you. So if you buy an extended waranty from a non authorized dealer, who covers the first year?