AVIC411.com

Camera for the D3 other than the expensive Pioneer one?

One last question. The camera I got has the auto reversing image. Does the avic automatically reverse the image as well thus causing left to be right and right to be left os is the avic not reverse the image?

If the avic does reverse the image is this a feature that you can shut off.

I didn't see anywhere on here the at Avic did this but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

-Nigel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tap the red wire from your D3 wire harness.When your D3 is on so will your camera and when the D3 is off so will the camera.You can tap the black wire off the D3 ground(black wire)also.

Awesome! Thank you!

Last question, that won't put stress or pull too much power from the D3 right?

I just don't want to fry anything.

I seriously can't wait! This seems too easy now after looking at it all!!!

:-)

-Nigel

Nope, I have my unit hooked up the exact same way plus a sirius box.

Awesome!

If you don't mind me asking which camera do you have?

Last question. Does the Avic d3 automaticaly reverse the camera image?

Reason I ask that is the camera that I ordered above already has the image reversed... so if the avic does it then the image I am looking at behind me will be backwards... is this the case with the d3?

Thanks again,

-Nigel

I have the RL26 which is not working.I was pulling the cable thru a grommet and the connector came off so no problem I cut the other end off and soldered.The camera started working half the time and completely stopped(I believe the camera was defective from the start but I can't prove it).Since I cut the wire I can't return it so I'm stuck.Got to buy another one.

This is straight out of the manual:

• Pioneer recommends the use of a camera

which outputs mirror reversed images,

otherwise screen image may appear

reversed.

AH you have this

rl26.jpg

I noticed that it says it's night vision as well... How does the night vision work? Does it cause issues when it's bright out of being TOO bright? I was also looking into this BUT chose not to because it's the full license plate bracket and would prefer only the top part...

Is the entire thing metal? I don't see why I couldn't cut it so just the top portion with the two screws would still be there... Do you have any pictures of yours mounted?

Thanks,

-Nigel

I think the words night vision is a selling ploy.If you have low lux they're all night vision.It almost look like daytime in certain lighting conditions.No it wasn't too bright in daylight hours either.If someone behind you have their lights on then you may get wash out vision.I'll take a picture tomorrow of the frame and I think the camera part detaches from the frame if I remember correctly.I paid 126.00.

Tap the red wire from your D3 wire harness.When your D3 is on so will your camera and when the D3 is off so will the camera.You can tap the black wire off the D3 ground(black wire)also.

Just to clarify...tapping the camera power wire into the red wire does NOT turn the camera "off" when the D3 is off, it turns it off when the ignition is turned off. A minor detail :wink:

I have a BOYO camera hooked to my D3. I am not overly impressed with the picture quality, but I guess it serves its purpose. I can't remember the model number right now. I think it's a VLS420 or something like that. Wasn't real expensive. I am sure they have better ones also.

Just to clarify...tapping the camera power wire into the red wire does NOT turn the camera "off" when the D3 is off, it turns it off when the ignition is turned off. A minor detail :wink:

I have a BOYO camera hooked to my D3. I am not overly impressed with the picture quality, but I guess it serves its purpose. I can't remember the model number right now. I think it's a VLS420 or something like that. Wasn't real expensive. I am sure they have better ones also.

I don't think that's too bad, unless you think it would be better for the camera to shut off when the Avic is shut off?

Any cons to having it shut off when the car is shut off compared to the avic?

Thanks,

-Nigel

Thanks NismoGriff thats what I meant I wasn't clear.When the acc. is on then power is going to the camera and D3.Thats what you want if you need to use the camera while parked and the motor is off.The only con is you can't use the camera without cutting the car on.

Question for you guys. I'm using the Audiovox license plate frame camera and within a 2 month period both of them have died on me. I hooked it up exactly as the directions stated and both of them started with the same symptoms before finally crapping out altogether.

Is it just that the Audiovox is a POS or do I possibly have something going on with the head unit itself that's frying them?