AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering why there wasn't a CRC for the TIB. But then, if the image it was made with is corrupt, a CRC wouldn't really help now, would it..

I've still got 5 of 14 left to d/l.

Should I just stop now and wait for the FTP to come back up?

-inferno999

I was wondering why there wasn't a CRC for the TIB. But then, if the image it was made with is corrupt, a CRC wouldn't really help now, would it..

I've still got 5 of 14 left to d/l.

Should I just stop now and wait for the FTP to come back up?

-inferno999

Keep downloading. Only z3_virgin1.tib is corrupt.

Any advise for those of us that wound up with the corrupt image on our HDD? I suppose following your excellent instructions in this thread a second time will take care of it? :cry:

it wont write the corupt file

Any advise for those of us that wound up with the corrupt image on our HDD? I suppose following your excellent instructions in this thread a second time will take care of it? :cry:

you cannot restore a corrupt image to your hard drive, so...that's impossible. if you kept all the TIB files from the FTP, you'll just need to redownload #1 when it's ready.

I've downloaded tib2 3 times now via FTP, and when I run the "validate backup archive" on it, it shows as corrupt as well. I'll try another FTP program besides FileZilla.

Just an FYI.

You cannot validate individual pieces of the archive. Also, until I've reposted the login info, anything you download will PROBABLY be corrupt.

I'm guessing that you're looking for instuctions for when you have the new file?

Here's what I did:

Downloaded Magaupload and HTTP overnight. (Experience told me that one or the other might have a problem :) )

I updated the Z2 drive in accordance with the great instructions provided here by garrettoomey using the HTTP download.

When I was done Trueimage told me that there were errors. :cry:

I then unzipped the megaupload file from septicdeath and went back to Trueimage - starting over.

This time I only did the "Recover" for the 17 gig map partition using the septicdeath image and called it quits.

Back in the car, everything is working fine. I have the 2008 maps and my music and data is still there. Voice command is working fine.

Now I just have to go back in and get rid of that opening screen banner again. :wink:

lol well i guess that solves my problem. downloaded ftp all the files last night. Took out HD today and just this moment tried to do it and corrupted issue. I guess I will wait for part 1 so i can download again. Good thing wasnt my problem on my end. I was doing everything right. :lol: