AVIC411.com

Question about best buy installation

i went to best buy and it looked great took about an hour to an hour and 30

BEWARE: they try and take short cuts make sure they hook up the vss wire, the reverse wire and the illumination wire there should be no wires left in the box. this happened to me

I think you're better off taking it to a place that specializes in car stereos and installations. Best Buy has a large turnover of employee's so they can be a little unreliable. May cost a little more but you know it'll be done right.

i went to best buy and it looked great took about an hour to an hour and 30

BEWARE: they try and take short cuts make sure they hook up the vss wire, the reverse wire and the illumination wire there should be no wires left in the box. this happened to me

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

The guy that installed mine not only didn't hook up my mic, he skipped the illum., vss, and my back speakers. I would have taken it back to get it fixed but *$%! that. I was afraid they'd screw something else up too.

• 2 weeks later...

The idiots at my local best buy didn't do the reverse or illumination (he did try it but couldn't get it to work so I told him after 45 minutes move the hell on), and my VSS is not working. To make matters worse, I can't find the damn work order anymore so I can't make em fix it til I find that stupid paper.

• 3 months later...

For everyone that says best buy takes short cuts, We are not all like that! It is unfair to say that about all best buys. I have worked for best buy as a installer for 6 years now. Most of my fellow installers have been here for more than 3 years. I personally have over 15 years of experiance with mobile install. It all depends on the store and how long it has been open. Yes there is time that i don't hook everything up like reverse wire. I always hook up the vss wire. If the customer is not installing subs or a 4 channel amp i don't put the rca connection on the deck since it is simple not needed, i leave it in the box and tell them to bring it the box back for any future upgrades. all Depends on what is being install and what is "needed"

Everyone has a story about a bad experience at a install shop no matter which one it is. Ever heard the one about "they put a alarm in my car and made a extra key pad and came back later to steal all or my stuff." Every shop ever built has the same rumor going around town about them. You take your chances is the point im getting at. Not every shop sucks or what ever, I have a great rep in my town, infact other install shops recommened us when they are to busy. Just do some research before you go get it install, check to see if they are MECP certified.