AVIC411.com

Release guesstimate on the F90BT?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a guy at my local 6th Ave. electronics today, he said the 90BT should be in at or around June 10th and that they were going to be among the first ones to get the F series as they are the largest reseller for Pioneer on the East coast. ALSO, the F700BT will not be out until some time in early to mid July due to a software bug only affecting the 700. Other than that, he also said that the voice control was spot on for everything, including the iPod.

Interesting, I emailed the dealer i'm getting mine from and he said the following:

Just got off the phone with my rep and he’s hasn’t heard anything regarding the “software bug†and the units are on there way..so should start receiving them at this end of this week or next. So unless there is something he doesn’t know about, it’s just false rumor. Let me know if you can confirm this software bug, but there was no hold up on shipping the 700bt units. Thanks!

ok. I found a local dealer, but he said that Pioneer is famous for releasing things and not shipping them out for a month or two. :( Now I'm worried I won't get it in time for my cross country drive in July.

Obviously he is not moving enough Pioneer items, i get that from alot of small shops in Houston, then when BestBuy or CarToys has it on time, i go back and notice the smaller store didn't have it, so i give them a hard time about it. the other part is some people just don't know and are afraid to say it, I've gotten that too but the way to find out is to ask about a feature it does not have, but ask as if the feature is there. If they agree you know they DON't know.

(sample statement: "It's good to see Pioneer using the Hard drive in the F series." If they agree you know they are out of the loop.)

First, F90BT is PREMIER edition. There are very few Premier dealers compared to standard Pioneer dealers. Al & Ed's is one though, thats in LA.

I'm sure there will be Deals once stores get them in stock. But that will probly be from online, which normally means no warranty.

If you want 1 year warranty, go for an OFFICIAL PIONEER DEALER (List price though).

If you want 2 year warranty, at the same price or less, go with http://www.sonicelectronix.com/ and use eBillMe payment option so you get 90 day price protection.

If Best Buy gets them in ( I think they only get 700 and 900) you might try this coupon for 10-12% off. Not sure if it will work but it says it applies to Car Electronics. LINK

Sonic Electronix is in Valencia. Give them a call and see if they will give you a better price than the internet if you pick it up. Other than that, just keep browsing the web for deals

I live in LA, where could I get my hands on a F90BT at a reasonable price?