AVIC411.com

VIDEO REVIEW OF AVIC-F90BT

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason, I was curious if you can input your destination with voice commands. I noticed in your demo video you would input with the touch screen and in all the videos on Pioneer's site I also don't see voice destination entry. It would be pretty sad with all these advanced voice features if you can't input an address with voice.

Jason, I was curious if you can input your destination with voice commands. I noticed in your demo video you would input with the touch screen and in all the videos on Pioneer's site I also don't see voice destination entry. It would be pretty sad with all these advanced voice features if you can't input an address with voice.
No, sorry. There is no voice command for GPS.

That seems really strange with all the other voice features it has. Do any of the AVIC decks do voice-entry GPS? I wonder if they might do it in a later firmware upgrade...

I agree, technically there's no reason they couldn't do it, if anything it would be easier because the database of words it has to match two isn't changing constantly (like on an iPod or mobile phone).

The Z Series has voice command for destination entry (although it doesn't really work very well).

I agree, technically there's no reason they couldn't do it, if anything it would be easier because the database of words it has to match two isn't changing constantly (like on an iPod or mobile phone).

The Z Series has voice command for destination entry (although it doesn't really work very well).

Maybe they are saving it for that successor to the Z-series that's supposed to have the higher res 7" screen and the OS from the F-series.

It's actually really simple. I can't believe you guys couldn't figure it out. For one, you can't select/search POI's, input destinations, etc. while the car is moving for safety reasons.(unless you bypass it)Thus, the reason why you don't need a handfree option for navigation. So it makes a lot of sense that Pioneer wouldn't waste their time on developing that feature.