AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by saying this is my first post. I just read all 18 pages of this thread and my head hurts. BUT it was VERY informative. According to UPS, my 90bt is going to come tomorrow and I will be ready and equipped with all the knowledge I learned. For those of you too lazy to read all 18 pages, and have just skipped to the end and found this post, I HIGHLY recommend reading all of them. It may take a while but it will probably be worth it. The most common question on here was "I did exactly what the instructions said but it didn't work. Why?" and almost ALWAYS the answer was "Re-check your wiring."

With that said, it literally seems to be as easy as moving the mute wire from its original location in the corner to the 4th slot on the opposing side and then grounding both the mute and parking break wire. THATS IT! To remove the wire shouldn't require much force. Lift of the white tab that is keeping it in place and gently slide it out. If its not going, then you havent lifted the tab enough. When placing it into the new slot, do the same thing.You should have to force it in there either.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've read all 18 pages as well, so I know every possible aspect of this mod has been covered at least once in this thread alone, though I seem to have a slightly odd setup that has me stumped.

I have a F7010BT that came factory installed in my car (09 Scion xD rs2). The black wiring plug is physically the same as the pictures I've seen posted here, but I have no light green wire on side with the clip, just a dark green wire next to where it should be.

From the picture Vorian posted on page 6 from top left to right:

Grey/GreyBlack/White/WhiteBlack/lightGreen/PurpleWhite/Blue/Black

Mine from top left to right:

Grey/GreyBlack/White/WhiteBlack/RedWhite/darkGreen/Blue/Black

I moved the pin as instructed down between the 2 black wires as a test, and then connected them together and grounded them to the frame, but no dice.

I've triple checked my wiring; all connections seem as snug as can be.

I only really need to bypass the parking break, as I've already done the Software Bypass for the other half.

Any thoughts, perhaps I missed something?

post-37551-12872759403014_thumb.jpg

I found the solution to my question with the help of some of the guys over at scionlife.com

In the picture I posted, the light green parking brake wire on the Pioneer harness is physically connecting to the same pin as the Red/white wire on the harness in my xD.

So I called Pioneer and (carefully) worded my situation just to see what they'd say. The guy sounded surprised that the harness wires were colored differently than normal, but confirmed that the pinout on the actual navi would still have to be the same, regardless of being factory installed by Scion, which is logical.

I tried grounding this wire instead, and sure enough it worked.

There is another gotcha too: If you simply ground this wire as it sits, the vehicle then thinks the parking brake is on and beeps and flashes constantly. I had to snip the Red/white wire so it no longer tied in with the parking brake wire the car sensors use, and only ground the one from the stereo, which is simple enough but I found easy to overlook.

I am really curious now to know if anyone else with a Scion factory installed F7010BT has the Pioneer harness or the same harness as me. I hope this helps anyone with a xD that may run into this situation.

post-37551-12872759402351_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

i just bought the f90bt unit that was previously installed in a tacoma or something (i forgot). i have an acura but there doesn't seem to be a mute wire (yellow/black). There is a yellow wire though but all the slots are already used by a diff wire except for one, which is at a corner. so i'm pretty much at a loss on how to bypass it.

here are two pics to show you what i mean.

post-39786-1287276034139_thumb.jpg

post-39786-12872760346576_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Greetings from the UK !

I know a little late, but just bought the 900BT and fittng it tomorow.

I have read all through this hack, and as above, picked us some good instructions.

I have prepared the wiring loom for the unit following the hack - grounding the moved mute cable, along withthe handbrake cable so all should be good!

BUT ! I have never switched this unit on before and its brand new. I have read mention of a "reset required", since its new - will it need one, and if so how do I do it?

many thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread so far

Jon

I have an acura but there doesn't seem to be a mute wire (yellow/black). There is a yellow wire though but all the slots are already used by a diff wire except for one, which is at a corner. so i'm pretty much at a loss on how to bypass it.

Your looking at the wrong harness. The mute wire is on the RCA harness.

I am really curious now to know if anyone else with a Scion factory installed F7010BT has the Pioneer harness or the same harness as me. I hope this helps anyone with a xD that may run into this situation.

The reason yours is different is because the factory installed units don't have an RCA harness for aftermarket amps. The mute wire on aftermarket units is on the RCA harness. So the question to your answer should be yes, everyone that has a factory installed unit should be identical to yours.

• 7 months later...

I just did the bypass and all seems to be ok except I have an airbag light that keeps flashing now. I moved the mute wire and the grounded it. I then grounded the mint green wire. The mint green wire was spliced into a wire that looks like the installer added. I have a 2006 nissan frontier, any help would be appreciated.

I have it bypassed and i am able to access all the menus, what does bypassing with the rca harness do different?

You can't be fully bypassed unless you have done one of the two following actions:

1: Performed the mute wire bypass/hack

2: Done the software bypass

If you did the software bypass you do not need to do the mute wire bypass.

• 1 month later...

Scratch that. I am lame and I suck :)

I went and checked again because I couldn't accept it not working. I didn't get the white plug back into the radio fully. All good and bypassed now!

Making progress. Now just need a firmware update and I will be happy.

The bypass does work on the F90bt. I will be doing the one in my wife's car shortly.

Mine still stops working after 10 mph. My connection is good. Should I ground the parking brake, mute, and ground cable seperately?? Please help.