AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. i have tried everything and then when i go turn it on, it just stays at the pioneer startup screen. i was just assuming i was missing something. i was told that i was surpose to keep some igo folder. and i didnt. i can get into test mode but i cant get into the main program. so.... yea. will premeir cover this as the warranty? :?:

i called them and they said they would cover it as long as there wasnt any physical damage but i was hoping that would be a last resort. i was trying to do the software bypass btw. i got the hardware part done. when i get it back, can i just modify the data zip through windows ce. i mean delete, copy, and paste or do i have to do the whole update again?

well, im a little lost with what you did.

but from what i understand, you deleted the igo folder on your stereo while you were in testmode, and now the unit wont start up at all, and you cant get it back into test mode.

if this is true, i have no idea what to tell you, i just started doing modding to my f900.

as far as what to do with the next one... dont delete anything on your stereo again unless you absolutely know for sure that it can be deleted. most people just rename the files they dont want to use on the stereo which effectively backs up the file in case you want to revert at a later date.

regarding the bypass on the new one, it'll probably already have the firmware 2.0 update, if it doesnt, update it as pioneer's website says, then do the software bypass step by step by modifying the pioneer.ini parking brake speed variable. and loading the modified data.zip onto your stereo through testmode.

yea dude, sorry the thing wouldn't work for you.

but just a tip, you cannot mod the pioneer.ini in data.zip and try to update the firmware. it will give you a "file checking error" before the update begins and nothing will happen.

you have to update the firmware first doing the normal pioneer method on their website, then you go back and do the parking break speed mod on you pc to "128.0" or "256.0", and then you copy/paste the modded data.zip from SD card in testmode to the stereo in the iGO folder.

a lot of people have said that using winzip to do this doesnt work. i used winrar for it and it worked fine.

im going to re-write a detailed guide on the exact process i went through in order to get this to work. the step-by-step that i wrote the other day is a little shoddy and needs some cleaning up.

by the time you get your unit back, my write up should be done. just depends how busy i am in the next few days.

good luck dude.

glad it worked for you dude.

i got home and re-read my post once or twice. seemed to be fairly direct, so i decided not to edit it. im sure there are some things that could be a little more clear (like the file paths), but i was happy my write up.

now with you telling me it worked for ya, im not gonna touch it.

thanks for being the first guinea pig bro.

• 2 weeks later...
ok can somone give me a step by step run down on how to bypass through using the Zip files. Im new and have no clue on what all this is about. Can someone please give me a detailed step for step for dummies?

Try either reviewing this thread, or reading the sticky FAQ for this thread at the top of the forum subsection

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18977

When performing the hardware mod, my systems reads in the display after startup

"Systems detected a wrong connection of the hand brake lead"

(or something like that)

is there something in the 2.0 firmware that is outsmarting the hack?

No, the hardware bypass works just fine when everything is connected right. Mine did the same as yours after I pulled the unit out a couple of times while working on a finicky mic. I found out that the metal connector on the end of the mute wire had slipped back down into the white connector plug and was not making contact with the pin in the head unit. After using a jeweler's screwdriver to push it back up, the bypass was up an running again. If you get the brake wire message, you have got a bad connection somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand how to do the bypass, my question is (and I did read to try to find it) if you bypass can you watch DVDs or other media while using the navigation at the same time? I am also trying to confirm that his unit is not dual or tri-zoned because I did read that if you have another monitor hooked up you can display a video to it while using the navigation and the navigation will not show up on the other monitor. Is this true?