AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

i've seen a lot of reply from people with F90BT telling that the hack works great, what about the F700BT ?

Also, anyone know a way (hardware) to raise my rca signal a little, im still using the factory bose amps in my 350z and i think that it use 2.0v instead of 1.7v ?

Thanks

Ritch

The bypass is the exact same for the 700.

And you can't up the voltage of the RCA outputs. You can, however, go into the audio settings and raise the SLA up some to increase the volume for that audio/video source. You could also use a line out converter on the speaker outputs instead of using the RCA outputs.

Going to give this a shot, as I have to put the mic connection on my unit in. I forgot that cable when I was putting everything together. Stupid me but, I would have had to get back in there to do this hack. Looks easy enough and report back. I hope to do this tonight if I have time and if it is not terribly hot outside. :)

Thanks for all the input guys. Makes things easier to get things done. :)

one way to get around the low voltage (except the 90) pre-outs is to either buy a LINE DRIVER, which is basically like a preout amp... or get some type of equalizer and stuff it in your trunk... it would take the 2.2v and up it to 5-7v...

Thanks ! Looking for that on ebay right now :)

ok, tried the hack. And after some time. I have not gotten it to work. :(

I am pretty sure I have that cable in there as far as it can go, cause I see it (Mute wire in placed between the two black wires in the 4th spot on the bottom row). I see it all the way up to the top to make the connection.

However, I now have another problem with grounding noise. So I have to go back in there to double check this. Not easy to test before putting radio completely in when it comes to my car. You have to take apart most of the console and dash in order to get to it. Its a Major PITA, so I couldn't check it out before I put it all back. I hope it doesn't rain today so I can get in there and try it again. :(

I just Recently bought the AVIC-F900BT. I would like to know how to bypass it so I can use the dvd and the navigation while driving? I will install it in a 2008 Ford F250 and want to know if I can use the PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface with my truck and this radio. I also have an old Iphone can i use the Pioneer CD-IU230V to see videos on this screen or do I need the usb and composite apple cable?

PS What about the pink speed signal input and the violet/white reverse gear signal input do those still get connected after you do the bypass by moving the mute wire and grounding both the mute wire and parking brake wire?

I just Recently bought the AVIC-F900BT. I would like to know how to bypass it so I can use the dvd and the navigation while driving? I will install it in a 2008 Ford F250 and want to know if I can use the PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface with my truck and this radio. I also have an old Iphone can i use the Pioneer CD-IU230V to see videos on this screen or do I need the usb and composite apple cable?

PS What about the pink speed signal input and the violet/white reverse gear signal input do those still get connected after you do the bypass by moving the mute wire and grounding both the mute wire and parking brake wire?

goto the 1st page of this thread it tells you exactly how to bypass it. swi-ps will work. either the cd-iu230v or the apple ipod composite cable wil work. the bypass has no effect on the VSS or reverse wires.

I don't think the SWI-PS needs the mute wire as you only make one connection from the SWI-PS to the unit.

I think the mute wire is in-case you have some other AV equipment in your car that might need the AVIC to mute - say some other sort of telephone equipment etc.