AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

I don't think the SWI-PS needs the mute wire as you only make one connection from the SWI-PS to the unit.

I think the mute wire is in-case you have some other AV equipment in your car that might need the AVIC to mute - say some other sort of telephone equipment etc.

the mute wire is for if you use an aftermarket bluetooth unit. not needed if you use the pioneer BT

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya!!!!! :D

All working now!! So happy! Thanks for the help guys. This of issue though.

1) I have that wonderful hum sound still. not as bad, but its there sometimes. So, I guess I need to find a better ground area?

2)iPod touch doesn't work. I played a video with my girlfriends iPod and that works fine. Video while driving.

Can't wait till someone fixes that. :(

Has anyone installed the HD radio module and still got the bypass to work? The bypass was working great on my unit until I plugged in the HD radio module. Now I get the parking brake error message when the unit boots up and can't program routes/play video when the car is moving. I'm going to take the dash apart AGAIN tonight to see if the ground or pin came loose. But the same thing happened when I installed the unit yesterday so I think something about the HD radio plug is interfering with the bypass. Any help is appreciated!

so what if you don't use those rca wires, not want to use the small white connector.

i was thinking of using a small jumper what you find on 2.5" hard drives for master / slave configuration and put it on pin 4 & 5.

pin 4 where you normally put the yellow mute wire and pin 5 is a ground wire of one of the video leads.

not sure if this is possible since on my avic-f900bt i only have the green parking brake wire to ground and i can use the navigation and phone while driving. did try and dvd yet.

Not 100% sure if that will work... if that ground for the video lead is able to support thr amount of ground needed for the pin location for the bypass, then it might work... but is that video lead ground active all the time or only when that video in or out normally be in use? And what if that ground lead isn't capable of providing enough ground? Will it burn out that ground and cause that video lead to not work any more... or worse? I think it would be better to just solder a wire (or whatever other method you can think of) to the proper pin and ground it normally just to be sure.

I have tried this with the new the firmware installed; it doesn't seem to work on my unit. I'm getting +5v after moving the pin; when i ground that the error message goes away, but as soon as I move faster than 10mph; the error message comes back interupting the video.

Wondering if its because of the new firmware? :?

The fix does work, however if you unplug the GPS antenna; then you get Samantha saying GPS Signal is lost one time but the video is playing.

I suppose i can install a hidden bypass switch for the gps.

Any other suggestions would be just too cool.

1999 Jaguar XJR : 25000 miles, so it's sweet, but getting this unit in this car is a major rennovation and custom work to remove the metal bars in the dash ect; but there is room... working on the custom plate now.

I also installed the Peripheral PESWIPS Universal Sterring Wheel Control Interface to the 900; works great. :shock:

if i do the mod to the mute wire, then ground it, as well as the parking brake wire, what would happen when the installer attaches the the brake wire to my parking brake? the installer wont do any mods, and will connect brake wire per manual. i thought if i grounded it at the harness, it shouldnt matter if he connects it.

thanks, newb