AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am bringing my unit into the shop to be installed tomorrow. I performed the mute wire mod, but I wanted to know if it is going to work when they install it with that mute wire moved. My plan is to open it back up after I get it back and ground the two wires out, but if it won't work with the mute wire, then they are going to tell me they couldn't install it. Anybody know if the mute relocation will cause problems if the two wires are installed according to the manual?

(I know the bypass won't work until I ground them, but will the unit work?)

Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I need a confirmation.

I'm about to install my F900BT but need to know whether the hardware bypass will work with the 2.0 firmware? All the new units now come preinstalled with 2.0 so I'm not sure whether the hardware bypass will work. Some have mentioned that it doesn't and that would leave me with no choice but to do the software bypass (which I would prefer not to do).

Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning All. I am interested in purchasing the F900BT and installing it in my Tundra. I have a couple questions that I can't seem to find the answers to: 1. If I do the bypass can I turn a movie on and still use the navigation system? 2. My goal is to push the video out into the auxilliary input on my rear DVD players, so that I can control the DVD from the front of the vehicle and still use the navigation? Do these systems have an auxilliary video out, if not, can anybody think of a way to make this work? Thanks!

Hey guys, I need a confirmation.

I'm about to install my F900BT but need to know whether the hardware bypass will work with the 2.0 firmware? All the new units now come preinstalled with 2.0 so I'm not sure whether the hardware bypass will work. Some have mentioned that it doesn't and that would leave me with no choice but to do the software bypass (which I would prefer not to do).

Thanks for your input.

Do a search. your question has been answered many times over.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I've been reading the forums for quite awhile but this is my first post. I had my Avic700 installed yesterday at BestBuy. I asked the kid if he could do the bypass, he said he knew what to do and would. When I picked up my car the Media files from my ipod worked great (and nav). About an hour later i could only get ONE file to work.

From other posts I've read they've said the mute wire could be loose, however why would the one media file work.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how did you reslove it. Any sugestions

**the media files don't work even with the parking brake up so I'm assuming he grounded the wire.

THANKS FOR YOU HELP!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there:

found this thread thanks to google and thanks to you guys i will be able to bypass my AVIC-F700BT

Long story short.. i have a 2005 Bonneville GXP with onstar

i wanna bypass my headunit but i was wondering about something..

for the bypass i have to move the black/yellow MUTE wire to the forth pin and then ground it with the parking break wire.. which is no problem... but my car uses that MUTE wire to mute the system whenever i use onstar..

so my question is:

Is it okay to keep the mute wire on the pin its on and ground it with the parking break and also ground PIN 4? or can i just leave the mute wire the way it is ungrounded and ground pin 4?

thanks

samz