AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just adding another YES that this does work.

I had to take apart the dash twice because I didn't get the wire down far enough in the harness, but once it was done it worked flawless. Geez... I don't know how you could operate the deck without the hack! Sooo limiting!

I'm still praying for a firmware to fix some common problems like SLOW startup times, 2D navigation without the compass control like my old AVIC-N2, and memorization of zoom level on 2D after key off. Other than that, still a pretty cool deck. But Windows? Seriously Pioneer? Microsoft Windows? Boo.

It won't pop out if you put it in correctly and don't mess up the pin or harness.

Tell that to the people who installed my unit! ;) I literally argued with them for 30 minutes about how the mute wire came disconnected and they wouldn't believe me (the 15mph video lockout I mentioned earlier). They finally decided to check it out again and what do ya know, the mute wire wasn't connected. Bypass works now :)