AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

If both wires are grounded and the pin is seated firmly in the correct position it WILL work. Check to make sure that the relocated pin is seated properly in the harness and that the harness has been inserted fully into the back of the unit. Also double check the grounding on both of those wires.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about the radio screen. I have seen it before on the D3, but only for a few seconds before the video plays.

I will try that tonight. Wife took the ipod to work out :cry:

Absolutely fantastic unit! I can't wait to get my MSN and XM working.

Tough to find things to complain about but does anyone else have trouble adjusting the volume with the flexy knob?

Got the ipod video working, faulty ipod cable to blame. Audio plays fine but video is VERY sensitive to the cable movement. It has to be just right. Also, take my advice- turn the VR Catalog option off. This thing takes several minutes to load anyway, and even with a 4GB nano it takes about another 5 min for full ipod control. I haven't been patient enough to wait al the way for my 80GB classic. Besides, the on-screen control is great! Way better than the D3 control, although I do miss the option to turn over control back to the ipod.

Starting to get used to the shallow knob but its still difficult to change the volume.

When will they come out with a fix for the 2D birdseye view to freeze North?

I've got an F700 and my harness is different from the one in the picture!

There is a space on the bottom row between two black wires, but that space is on 2 pins in from the outside.

Should I just try it in here?

Cheers.

here are the pics

You'll see i've already taken the mute wire out.

Any ideas where I should put the mute wire now?

Still the in the same location as everyone else, even though it won't be between two black cables?

Cheers.

post-20571-12872754706089_thumb.jpg

post-20571-12872754707366_thumb.jpg

That's very strange. Your wiring harness appears to be missing two sets of RCA cables... Can you list off what cables and wires are still on that harness? It might help to know which aren't there in the future. Also, is this a brand new unit?

It should have:

Subwoofer preout (red & white)

Front preout (red & white)

Rear preout (red & white)

Audio input (red & white)

Video input (yellow)

Mute wire (yellow/black)

Remote wire (blue/white)

Rear camera (brown)

Rear monitor out (yellow)