AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hack worked perfect, but the ipod didnt like to work at first. and god this thing takes forever to load.

I agree about the loading time, it does suck but my ipod works fine but slow loading too. I really do like the AVIC so maybe Pioneer will release an update soon.

hack worked perfect, but the ipod didnt like to work at first. and god this thing takes forever to load.

I agree about the loading time, it does suck but my ipod works fine but slow loading too. I really do like the AVIC so maybe Pioneer will release an update soon.

If you are not concerned about using the Voice Recognition feature for your iPod right now, you can turn off the cataloging feature under av settings to speed up the unit. This feature has to catalog your whole iPod each time you power it on so that you can access all your songs and artist, ect. via voice recognition. So it takes a while to do that on a big iPod. I am sure Pioneer will come out with a fix for this but...all in due time. I turned it off on my unit and now it is lightning fast.

P.s. Bypass worked for me.

newbie here. My installer grounded the parking brake already. I intend to bypass tonight. My question is, do I need to ground the mute wire after moving it to the "magic" slot? What happens if I just plug it into the fourth pin and don't tap it into the ground?

Stupid question, but I don't want to do unneccesarry wire hacking

newbie here. My installer grounded the parking brake already. I intend to bypass tonight. My question is, do I need to ground the mute wire after moving it to the "magic" slot? What happens if I just plug it into the fourth pin and don't tap it into the ground?

Stupid question, but I don't want to do unneccesarry wire hacking

its necessary. it wont work if its not moved and both wires grounded

Thus the newbie preface. Thanks for the killer response time. Just bypassed and did a short road test. Works great!

Only problem now is can't get the video on my ipod to play. I even see it try to que the video but it just gets stuck on that stupid apple loading circular icon. I can't see how this is bypass related. Is there another forum that covers this? Worked great on my D3, now I miss it.

Yes, Vid1 is set to ipod. I tried accessing the video a couple ways. On the D3, when you select "video" under the ipod source, it simply turns control over to the ipod, then playing a video with "TV on" plays great. But with the F, you don't get that ipod control by selecting "video". It just pulls up the available videos onscreen. I thought that was cool at first, but when I tried to play one, the screen is stuck on that circular loading icon. I tried undocking, playing a video on the ipod with "TV on" and re-docking. Same thing.

See anything missing? Does ipod play video for everyone else?

Go through the menu and select a video to play, then hit the BACK button (left on the volume knob) and wait for it to start playing. It may take up to a minute to start playing depending on how much videos/data is on your ipod.

I don't think I've ever seen a circular loading icon on the screen, though. Are you talking about the radio's screen, or the ipod's screen?

I was talking about the radio screen. I have seen it before on the D3, but only for a few seconds before the video plays.

I will try that tonight. Wife took the ipod to work out :cry:

Absolutely fantastic unit! I can't wait to get my MSN and XM working.

Tough to find things to complain about but does anyone else have trouble adjusting the volume with the flexy knob?

I bought a AVIC-D3 under a month ago and decided to return it to get a AVIC-F900BT. I have the bypass already taken care of, so would i be able to keep the wiring harness connected and just plug it into the AVIC-F900BT and have that bypass work the same??

I bought a AVIC-D3 under a month ago and decided to return it to get a AVIC-F900BT. I have the bypass already taken care of, so would i be able to keep the wiring harness connected and just plug it into the AVIC-F900BT and have that bypass work the same??

Yes, and there is already a thread that discusses this.