AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanna let everyone know that this bypass works GREAT!!!!!! for AVIC-F900BT all functions work did over 3 hours behind the wheel on highways and some city driving. Thanx to all for the info :-)

What about the overall reliability of the unit? Are you experiencing the problems that others are?

Awesome mod, chrisbulla, thanks.

Obviously, for safety reasons, the passenger can safely operate the GPS, etc., for the safety oriented driver. So, when 'another driver' has possession of the vehicle, is it safe to assume that an obscurely located on-off switch on the yellow/black ground mod wire would disable the feature and resume the 'factory' operation?

I tried searching for the answer, so sorry if this is a repeat question. Currently by unit says "parking break is improperly installed....." . It was installed correctly from what I understand (ie. no bypass). My question is for the people who have bypassed their units....does it give the "parking break is improperly.....error?

Thanks for your help....

Sorry for the newb question but what is the easiest way to remove the wire from the harness? Does it require a special tool? Dont want to mess up the harness because I pull when I should have pushed.

I used the needle in my "sewing kit" to lift the white plastic tab that prevents the wire from going out when pulling on it.

Then lift it again on the new position to help it go through...

Hope this help...

I tried searching for the answer, so sorry if this is a repeat question. Currently by unit says "parking break is improperly installed....." . It was installed correctly from what I understand (ie. no bypass). My question is for the people who have bypassed their units....does it give the "parking break is improperly.....error?

Thanks for your help....

No that is hte whole point of the bypass. I actually found it easier to do the bypass then to search through my wires under the dash trying to hook it up properly. Ground two wires and move one wire from a pin to another? I didn't even have to be in my car to do it, which is a lot easier by the way. Doing it in a well lit enviroment and on a desk is a lot easier in cramped car or whatever.

Simply take a small screw driver flat tiped, like to tighten glasses, go to the yellow/black wire, the little white tab needs to be lifted just a bit while you pull the wire, if you do it right it will come right now, now you have to flip it around and push it into the necessary slot.

It's crucial you have it in properly, the very small point goes up, you will know if its upside down because it will be very tough to push in and will stop almost immediately.

When you can see the silver prong match up like the others from the top view you know its in all the way, there was no click type of feel.