AVIC411.com

Z1 on-line Discussion from pioneer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mrbrent"]I want to be able to pause and fast forward from my Sirius sat receiver like I could with my sportster model.
Updated maps and POI's
Traffic on the Sirius receiver.
Navi learning feature is ok but so far not great for me.[/quote]

The NavTraffic comes from XM so Sirius would have to add their own traffic service.
Bluetooth "autotry" as in ty and connect to the last connected bluetooth phone... both myself and the wife have bluetooth and I have to manually connect rather than it being automatic (probably because it's seeing both phones from sartup)...

BOTH phones are activated into the Z1

Unfortunately, I drive the car more than she does... it's a pain at times
[quote name="scenaria"]Post questions you would like answers to or concerns here and I'll be happy to pass them along.
I think we all know why they would disable the lights trick on the box.. its all about liability.. they could only plead ignorance for so long.. once the little trick became so well known I think they knew they had to plug that hole.[/quote]

I for one hope you do ask this though. I know this country is run by the liability lawyers these days but please point out to them that every OEM navi unit sold in any car in America (at least all the ones I have been in) don't have this lockout. You do have to "Ok" a screen that tells you not to do anything while driving but everything still works.
[quote name="jfisher"] [quote name="mrbrent"]I want to be able to pause and fast forward from my Sirius sat receiver like I could with my sportster model.
Updated maps and POI's
Traffic on the Sirius receiver.
Navi learning feature is ok but so far not great for me.[/quote]

The NavTraffic comes from XM so Sirius would have to add their own traffic service.[/quote]

Sirius already does. Pioneer just doesn't support it yet.

And add me to the list of people dissapointed with the Sirius support. My old Kenwood 1U HU with a simple 2 line display still displayed more info on those 2 primative little lines then the Z1 does with a 7 inch video display.

Maybe they should hire some engineers from Kenwood.
Tell Pioneer to drop the free "roadside assistance" and put the money and effort into a program like this:

I know it was said before, and I think I said it in my other reply here, but I was thinking about it again.

[b]Ability to protect our Z1 with a PIN. up to 10 characters, alphanumeric even with symbols, and the **only way** to unlock a lost PIN, would be to call Pioneer and give them private info you choose to save with them, like mom's maiden name, etc, etc... like 3 questions that you have to answer correctly before they'll give you the number.[/b]

I guess since product registration is optional, this should be optional too, but I can't see why 99% of the buyers of a $1000+ car stereo wouldn't take advantage of it.

If these savage thiefs know that this model is just about unusable, when in someone else's hands, I would hope it would deter theft, and not to mention most of us, like it was already mentioned, would feel better about putting in personal info into this z1, so the service people or valet parkers cannot toy with it.
here's a list of concerns i have:

* better mic for the BT echo issue
* navigation update
* quicker/faster ipod interface
* iPod - while in genre>all>all>"song"...there's not way to back up one folder to choose a song within the genre.
* radio id tags - no song info

that's all i can think of right now, i'll add 'em as i think of them.
Speaking of the iPod, maybe a way to go back to the playlist once it is playing. For example, you choose to play "My top tracks" playlist and the songs within the playlist are displayed but once you select which song to start with, there is no easy way to go back to that playlist, you have to renavigate the whole process again.
[quote name="BigFloppy"]Bluetooth "autotry" as in ty and connect to the last connected bluetooth phone... both myself and the wife have bluetooth and I have to manually connect rather than it being automatic (probably because it's seeing both phones from sartup)...

BOTH phones are activated into the Z1

Unfortunately, I drive the car more than she does... it's a pain at times[/quote]

how did you activate/pair BOTH phones with the Z1? if i'm not mistaken, it only pairs to one phone at a time.
[quote name="MacFly"]how did you activate/pair BOTH phones with the Z1? if i'm not mistaken, it only pairs to one phone at a time.[/quote]

MacFly: As you said, it only pairs to one phone at a time ALTHOUGH it does store multiple paired connections internally. Therefore it knows about my phone AND the wife's
  • 3 months later...