AVIC411.com

Z1 on-line Discussion from pioneer

I just got an email from pioneer...

Did anyone else get one of these?

Anyhow.. if anyone wants to compile a list of key comments/questions I'll be more than happy to pass them along.

"Invitiation to Participate: On-Line Discussion about Pioneer AVIC-Z1"

Dear steve,

As a Pioneer customer, we value your opinion regarding every aspect of our relationship with you. Moreover we want to know what we can do to improve how we market our products as well as the products themselves.

With that the case we would like to invite you to participate in an online discussion regarding the AVIC-Z1 you recently purchased, starting from Tuesday, August 22nd through Thursday, August 24th. Please understand there are no right or wrong answers, no obligation and no one will attempt to sell you anything. You will simply be one of a select group from around the country invited to talk about the AVIC-Z1; including how we can make it better as well as how we can improve our communication with consumers like you in the future.

While we value the opinion of all our customers, we can only include 100 individuals in this project.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you hit them hard about turning off the navigation and blue tooth functions while the vehicle is moving. That is why I have decided not to get the unit at this time. I will wait to see if they make any changes to the Z1 to let me use my judgement as to what is safe or not and not enforce theirs on me.
Post questions you would like answers to or concerns here and I'll be happy to pass them along.

One my small issues is why they cant allow the darn thing alternate colors for the lights behind the buttons.. I'd prefer green for my F150 (though its not the end of the world)

im also wondering about hard drive upgrades, software updates etc..

I also think something that would be REALLY cool is if they worked with a company like valentine and made a small interface module for their radar detectors. That would be a cool feature

gracenote needs more updates on a regular basis.. I have put in 5 cd's that I purchased over the past week and none of them are in the library.

I think we all know why they would disable the lights trick on the box.. its all about liability.. they could only plead ignorance for so long.. once the little trick became so well known I think they knew they had to plug that hole.
[b]Yes, definately a pin number whithout which a stolen Avic can not be re-activated. [/b]

Also a [b]polarized Screen-coating to minimize glare and reflection[/b].

A must:[b] MP3 capability.[/b]

[b]A small volume knob [/b]at the bottom left for quick access without taking the eyes off the road rather than the two up and down keys.
[quote]Also a polarized Screen-coating to minimize glare and reflection.[/quote]

Wear polarized sunglasses. Works wonders for glare reduction, and if you get the uv a/b blocking lenses, your eyes will thank you when you're older 8)

In fact, you'll see the screen darken at an angle if you wear polarized glasses. I don't know if that has to do with the way LCD is displayed, but I'm pretty sure that most LCD screens do this.

Maybe someone will come up with a polarized screen protector for the Z1, like the ones I keep seeing on eBay.

[quote]pin number whithout which a stolen Avic can not be re-activated.[/quote]

That would go far to keeping these savages off of our Z1s. Still, I made a facade for mine, from a scanned image of my old stock h/u. Glued cardboard buttons on the front, that I cut out from a second image of the h/u.

Some day, like bluetooth technology, hopefully anything you buy for your car, can be "bonded" to your car's ECU or whatever it will be called, and never unbonded without a pin. That way it'll discourage most petty thefts.