AVIC411.com

Avic-Z1 vs Competitors

Hey all. New here and planning on getting an Avic-Z1 soon. I've searched for comparisons to the Eclipse AVN-6600 for a while but cant find any good flat out comparisons so Im looking to see if anyone else on this board did a similar comparison. Im leaning heavily towards the Z-1, only downsides are that the new ones cant be unlocked as opposed to the Eclipse (I hear it just requires a grounded wire to unlock it all). It will be going in a 07 Avalanche, so im not sure if the Eclipse or Pioneer work well with this type of vehicle. I hear the iPod interface is slow as well which is a big thing for me as I love having my iPod with me. What all features cant be used when the vehicle is in motion? If anyone can help with this it would be great. Thanks.
As much as I hate Alpine, the latest Alpine unit looks about a thousand times better in that it allows you to upload MP3, play MP3's off DVD, hook up any USB music player, et. al.

If I had it to do over I might actually go for the Alpine just because Pioneer has annoyed me so much with it's ham-handed interface design and purposeful crippling of the Z1. There is no excuse for going out of your way to make your product LESS usable and I will remember this consumer unfriendly attitude in all my future electronics purchases.

Pioneer has moved to the "worst-of-the-best," supplanting previous paria Alpine, and it will take some serious making up to move them from that spot.
[quote name="GnatGoSplat"] [quote name="Cirbirus"]As much as I hate Alpine, the latest Alpine unit looks about a thousand times better in that it allows you to upload MP3, play MP3's off DVD, hook up any USB music player, et. al.
[/quote]

Which Alpine is this?[/quote]

From everything I checked its a single DIN DVD player that needs both an external amp and external monitor just to utilize the DVD movies. No navigation.

Unless there was a different one I missed.

I'm glad I have the Z1 instead of this.

-Litos
The alpine IVA-W200?
[url=http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=IVA-W200&lang=en&tab=F]http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/p ... g=en&tab=F[/url]

That looked nice. Problem is the nav system is external and another $1600 on top of the W200 price.
What does everyone think of the Kenwood unit with it's additional nav system add on. The nav system is made by Garmin so I would assume it's pretty nice. There is a japanese kenwood model that was at CS this year that is a double din unit but that isn't suppose to come out for a few years still. It was pretty sweet! Had nav system that used satellite maps like google.
[quote name="vastmax"] [quote name="mystikarkitect"]Im leaning heavily towards the Z-1, only downsides are that the new ones cant be unlocked as opposed to the Eclipse [/quote]

new bypass was just released for the newer z1's... check the home page[/quote]

I kept hearing about the newer Avic Z1 Mine was made may 2006 so is my unit the Newer Z1? I also recall reading on this fourm about changes on the z1 from April 06 what changes were made from this date to present???
thanks
[quote name="Pennybags"]What does everyone think of the Kenwood unit with it's additional nav system add on. The nav system is made by Garmin so I would assume it's pretty nice. There is a japanese kenwood model that was at CS this year that is a double din unit but that isn't suppose to come out for a few years still. It was pretty sweet! Had nav system that used satellite maps like google.[/quote]

Hey penny you talking about the Kenwood HDV-770 Car Navigation System [img]http://www.navigadget.com/wp-content/postimages/hdv_770_01.jpg[/img] I don't know if it will come out in the U.S. though. God Bless
[quote name="Pennybags"]What does everyone think of the Kenwood unit with it's additional nav system add on. The nav system is made by Garmin so I would assume it's pretty nice. There is a japanese kenwood model that was at CS this year that is a double din unit but that isn't suppose to come out for a few years still. It was pretty sweet! Had nav system that used satellite maps like google.[/quote]

Hey penny you talking about the Kenwood HDV-770 Car Navigation System [img]http://www.navigadget.com/wp-content/postimages/hdv_770_01.jpg[/img] I don't know if it will come out in the U.S. though. God Bless
  • 3 weeks later...