AVIC411.com

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello people hope this helps in the servece menu it will let u add files to the hdd or flash remove files or delete files also you can run apps from cds or dvds. so if someone can create a program for windows ce and for the cpu that the z1 uses and that will play mp3s and also let u swich between the z1 normal OS will be set or maby at least this will help because u can add files with out removeing the hdd and the many steps to unlock it hope it helps

P.s to get in to the serves menu hold down the rest and eject button as the z1 loads then let go of the rest button after a sec of black screen when it ses something let go of the eject button too the screen will be black hit p. list up twice and p. list down twice thats the password then hit T (t is always enter) and av is back now ur in the servece menu there are three menues the first is tests and screen cal go to the sec one and nere the bottom is ses force something yata yata yata thats where u can load apps from a cd/dvd in the file mang thing u can add files to the hdd or flash from a cd move files and what not theres more but havent played with it much
I'm sorry dude but I just couldn't get through your post; it hurts my brain-muscle. It's the web so I expect a few spelling errors and slightly sloppy grammar but if you can't even be bothered to use somewhat proper spelling and grammar then why should I be bothered to read what you wrote?

If you don't speak American or English as your native language that is one thing but "IM-speak" just doesn't cut it when you're not on a mobile device. It's incredibly rude as well as you are telling us your time is more important than ours.

I would suggest that you, at the least, use the spell checker built into the [url=http://toolbar.google.com/T4/index_xp.html?utm_source=en-et-more&utm_medium=et&utm_campaign=en]Google toolbar[/url]; I suffer from a debilitating spelling impairment myself so use it all the time. :wink:
[quote name="Cirbirus"]If you don't speak American or English as your native language that is one thing but "IM-speak" just doesn't cut it when you're not on a mobile device. It's incredibly rude as well as you are telling us your time is more important than ours.[/quote]
100% agree except it probably took longer to write the im speak rather than physicaly typing the words out!

[quote name="Cirbirus"] I suffer from a debilitating spelling impairment myself so use it all the time. :wink:[/quote]
Ah, but you can count though!
[quote name="Cirbirus"]I would suggest that you, at the least, use the spell checker built into the [url=http://toolbar.google.com/T4/index_xp.html?utm_source=en-et-more&utm_medium=et&utm_campaign=en]Google toolbar[/url]; I suffer from a debilitating spelling impairment myself so use it all the time. :wink:[/quote]

The new firefox browser has spell check for web forms built in as well. [url=http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/]http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/[/url]
Tonyflow420 said:

".....you can run apps from cds or dvds."

Can you tell me what menu choice you used to run applications off of the CD / DVD drive while in the service menu? If this is possible than it would be possible to turn off or disabling the security features of the drive by running an application while the drive is unlocked, like MHDD or something else more compatable with Windows CE.
[quote name="tillithz"]or even, running update disks from the service menu instead of navi screen when it errors at 99%.. maybe possible?[/quote]

Once I got into that 99% and failed issue, I couldn't reset the unit or get into the service screen. It seems that the update program replaced the normal boot up and until it finished, it wouldn't let you do anything till it was done updating.
I have made backups and restored them with success. I used ghost 8.3 corp myself. I haven't had any success restoring the backup to a different drive, but restoring it to the stock drive worked like a charm. Saved my drive too when the update went south. (so to speak)
I think that the CD that contains the Bluetooth fix also holds the some keys to the HDD. All of the interface programs are there like the Navi.exe, the AV.exe and such. I think that one could figure out how to test the audio AC3 file conversion by using a windows automotive simulation program and running the AV.exe on a standard PC until it is perfected and then you could copy the home made AC3 files from MP3 files over to the HDD that way. Other testing could be done in a simular fashion. At my job, we used a pocket PC simulation to design programs to run on Pocket PCs. I just figured that someone could do the same for this now that we have the CD. Of course these should exist on the HDD too but I never thought of this until now.

It's just a thought.