AVIC411.com

Update Released!! For REAL!!

WOW! Can someone post a pic of the improved screen brightness in daylight?? Dammit dammit dammit, now I might have to sell my 8120! LOL.

I'm gonna wait and see if there are any major bugs in this firmware before I jump ships again. On the plus side, I still have all my Pioneer accessories to go with a 700BT (XM, etc).

Also hows the bluetooth? And also, does it "drop" the ipod sometimes when after starting the car, like where you have to reconnect it to get the Avic to see it again?

Thanks! Can't wait to hear more reports!

There is still a glare. But if the sun is not directly reflecting off of it, it looks a LOT better.

BTW would you like to trade for my 900BT? I have had enough...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you use 2d or 3d?

I use 2D, but verified that it exists in 3D post update as well.

Actually, pre-update, I was unable to make the turn box appear most of the time while IN a route! The top street name box appeared, but not the left turn box. I could occasionally make it appear by moving the map or going to 3D and back to 2D. Now I can't get them to go away in any mode...

Dave

i put the update folder on a card but it wouldnt load up the update when i turned the car on. does it have to be an sd card becuase i was using a micro sd card inside the sd adapter and it wouldnt boot the update. maybe thats the reason why? cant take the micro sd?

i put the update folder on a card but it wouldnt load up the update when i turned the car on. does it have to be an sd card becuase i was using a micro sd card inside the sd adapter and it wouldnt boot the update. maybe thats the reason why? cant take the micro sd?

sometimes those adapters can be a bit finicky. Id bet the unit doesnt even recognize the card after it boots up.

Were there any folders (other than the LPUE080 folder) on the card when you put it in the SD slot?

I had the exact same problem, formatted the card, and only put the LPUE080 folder on it. Then the unit would read it and the update screen appeared.

(I used an SD card, though. Not microSD).

I did my update with 2 micro-sd's. One 2GB micro-sd and one 4GB micro-sdhc (one for each copy step).

For those of you that are brave enough to play with it...will Windows CE recognize a USB key board or mouse during the update? I think I am going to purchase one just to hack it. Next question..... is the unit using solid state memory or is it a regular laptop harddrive...either way you should be able to make a complete back up of it and possible run it in a virtual machine to tweak on it...

Well... I didn't have the blue boxes on my screen before the update. But i do now. No big deal, I guess. I never use the map unless I've got a route programmed into it, so I'll never really even see it.