AVIC411.com

So i get my unit installed (one of the NEW ones). I have it playing for about 2 hours while im cleaning up. Then the music stops....then 10 seconds later is Restarts.

Now everytime i turn it on it reboots....then reboots....and keeps rebooting. I tried pushing in the Reset button to see if that helped, but no luck.

I do notice that the BlueTooth light in the corner comes on...then flickers for a second, which seems odd. Not sure if that is a sign that something is defective in the unit.

Any ideas?

LOL....Problem: Battery

Apparently when you leave you car doors open all day with the lights on, then run your stereo for a lengthy period of time....it can cause your battery to drain.

I've run my stereo with the doors open for longer amounts of time in the past, but the amp i installed almost 2 months ago turned on for the first time since i finally got the head unit. Kinda forgot about it cus its been so long.

Just got back after jumping the battery. Unit is fine, no more reboot problem. I'm retarded, but hopefully this helps the next person who does this!

My F900BT started rebooting yesterday when i left for work. It was going from the splash screen to the main menu and would then go back to the splash screen and to the main menu constantly. I could continue to listen to the radio (FM or AM) uninterrupted, but couldn't really do anything, couldnt get into settings, etc. I called Pioneer and attempted to get my call escalated beyond their first line "tech support" but the only response I could get was to reset it, and since that didnt work, send in the unit. Well, I know Windows CE pretty well inside and out since I do a lot of software development for devices, so i got into windows and backed up the internal flash to an SD card, then deleted the user settings folder from the internal flash memory and that cured the problem. It appears some of the settings got corrupted and wasn't letting it complete the startup. Disclaimer: If you don't know what you are doing, i really don't recommend deleting files off the unit or changing it in any way. i just thought i would post this in case anyone else is having the same problem.

My F900BT started rebooting yesterday when i left for work. It was going from the splash screen to the main menu and would then go back to the splash screen and to the main menu constantly. I could continue to listen to the radio (FM or AM) uninterrupted, but couldn't really do anything, couldnt get into settings, etc. I called Pioneer and attempted to get my call escalated beyond their first line "tech support" but the only response I could get was to reset it, and since that didnt work, send in the unit. Well, I know Windows CE pretty well inside and out since I do a lot of software development for devices, so i got into windows and backed up the internal flash to an SD card, then deleted the user settings folder from the internal flash memory and that cured the problem. It appears some of the settings got corrupted and wasn't letting it complete the startup. Disclaimer: If you don't know what you are doing, i really don't recommend deleting files off the unit or changing it in any way. i just thought i would post this in case anyone else is having the same problem.
  • 2 weeks later...

iposthere my f90bt started doing the exact same thing that yours did today. except mine wasnt just running off the battery when it started happening it started right when i started the car. it keeps rebooting over and over again, sometimes i can get it to go to the menu but then it just reboots again, and i cant get it anything to play. ive had it for two weeks and it hasnt done anything like this before. i dont think it could be a hardware problem (like a wire being loose) b/c sometimes i can get it to the menu and sometimes i cant. i hope its not the same thing that happened with jwerkheisers because i have no idea how to fix it like he did. does anyone know what could be wrong with it??

thanks

I too am having my newly installed F90 reboot randomly on me.

I did confirm that the newest firmware came pre-installed as well as all the connections are firm. I got it installed and went on a 3 hour drive, where it rebooted on me 3 times. The next day it rebooted on me once and flickered to my splash screen a couple of times while playing the radio (sound was un-interupted).

I'm usually fairly understanding, but when this happens while I am using my phone through the unit, it is very frustrating. This is not a drained battery issue. Is anyone else having this problem or have a fix for it?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have been experiencing a similar problem with an F900BT. It worked fine for about the first two weeks I had it and then started rebooting constantly.

Called TS and they said to ship it in for repair. I got it back the next week and they said no trouble was found, it ran all day.

Once the AVIC was back in, as soon as I started driving it started rebooting again. After several more calls to TS I believe I have it narrowed down that it only reboots when the vehicle is traveling over 10 MPH. If I'm parked in my driveway it works fine, which is why TS didn't find anything wrong.

So TS now believes it is the Gyro Sensor. So I get to send the unit in for repair again. I will follow up if this fixes the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update:

I shipped the unit back to Pioneer again (2nd time). I sent a video along that showed the behavior of the unit rebooting after the vehicle reached about 10 MPH. This time they claim to have driven a vehicle with the unit in it for 25 minutes and did not have any trouble. So they shipped it back to me. At this point they are saying it must be an installation problem. So I have an appointment with installer to put it back in and try to figure out what the problem is.

• 4 months later...

Update:

I never got around to updating what happened. When reinstalled for third time it now works. Even though Pioneer states nothing was done to unit, it appeared to have a software update of some kind. I noticed that the contacts were sorted differently, my startup image was changed back to the original one, etc. So something they did to it seemed to correct the problem. I have had no troubles since.