AVIC411.com

Is the Nav not as good?

I have 6 addresses so far that do not come up on the F700 that do on my D3. All of them happen to be on State HWY 20 in washington.

Pioneers response was that no addresses will come up for people living on Highways.

Any thoughts? Did they scale back the Nav since its on flash memory now?

I am not to keen on how the nav does not go in the direction you are driving and the map turns with it like it did on my d3 in the 2d mode. also if you go off road to a plaza or what not it does not track you to it :( it keeps you on the nearest local road. Also not to keen on the long laod times but what can you do. Te nav maps are way more sophisticated then my d3 though so thats a plus

...Less voice interuptions too...

??

I'm using Samantha as the voice and she talks as much as I would expect from a woman. If there are 2 miles or more before the next turn, she'll tell me what I need to do FOUR TIMES before I even get to the turn. She is annoying as hell and I really want an option for less voice prompts without turning them off completely.

Ever use another Pioneer nav? Lets say I am going to go 60 miles on the same freeway. With my previous two avics, it would mute my music and tell me to 'keep left ahead' at every damn minor highway or expressway (or sometimes for no reason at all) I crossed for all sixty miles. Sometimes it would do it every mile or two for like an hour.

The F-series is much better about just telling me to get off on the right in 60 miles

??

I'm using Samantha as the voice and she talks as much as I would expect from a woman. If there are 2 miles or more before the next turn, she'll tell me what I need to do FOUR TIMES before I even get to the turn. She is annoying as hell and I really want an option for less voice prompts without turning them off completely.

I agree that the voice prompts are excessive. The first prompt seems to be based on speed. On the highway, I get the first at 2 miles. but off the highway, I get the first at 3/4 or 1/2 mile. This is fine, but I really don't see a need for any more until I'm close to the turn.

What I find the MOST annoying is the "In 400 feet, enter the highway...". Well DUH, I'm already on the entrance ramp! Do I have any other choice?... :?

Also, Teleatlas needs to continue to improve their map data. I had to drive up to Danbury, CT yesterday. On my way back, I got ZERO prompts where I-84W splits off to Route 7. It's not a minor interchange. The two right lanes are for I-84, while the 2 left lanes are for Rt. 7. It didn't even provide the 'recommended lane' arrows. The map showed me which way I needed to go, but there were NO prompts. At other places, it warns you like crazy to "Keep left!!" when there's a normal right-side exit. I have sent TeleAtlas a handful of corrections (mapinsight.teleatlas.com). Let's hope they listen (and Pioneer offers updated maps on a regular basis).

I thought the "Warn when speeding" function might be nice, but it warns me every time I enter the freeway. The speed limit for the entrance ramp might be low, but I'm accelerating to get to highway speed, so there's a really good chance I'm going to be going faster than the speed limit. It goes off even when I have it set to 100% (which I assume means twice the speed limit), so it's now turned completely off. Great idea, but useless in the real world... :roll:

-Eric

By the way, has anyone else noticed that, after the update, Samantha now pronounces "take the next left/right" as a question? Her voice goes up at the end of the sentence... :?:

...By the way, has anyone else noticed that, after the update, Samantha now pronounces "take the next left/right" as a question? Her voice goes up at the end of the sentence... :?:

haha, I totally mentioned the same thing to my gf yesterday. Sam sounds so funny, I always repeat it back.

Take the next right?

I have 6 addresses so far that do not come up on the F700 that do on my D3. All of them happen to be on State HWY 20 in washington.

Pioneers response was that no addresses will come up for people living on Highways.

Any thoughts? Did they scale back the Nav since its on flash memory now?

When i used the f700 i noticed it had streets spelled differently than my garmin so maybe yours are updated ways for HWY on the f700.

Have you tried visiting that location and seeing how its listed?

...By the way, has anyone else noticed that, after the update, Samantha now pronounces "take the next left/right" as a question? Her voice goes up at the end of the sentence... :?:

haha, I totally mentioned the same thing to my gf yesterday. Sam sounds so funny, I always repeat it back.

Take the next right?

haha maybe shes not sure.

just like in Anchorman... "I'm Ron Burgundy?" haha

By the way, has anyone else noticed that, after the update, Samantha now pronounces "take the next left/right" as a question? Her voice goes up at the end of the sentence... :?:

Yes, I'm quoting myself... :wink:

I may have found the reason for her saying "right?" instead of "right". Open the 'commands.csv' file (extract the 'Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1.zip' file located in the \MiTACAP\APL2\iGo\content\voice directory. The commands.csv file is in the 'config' folder). Check out cell B4. There's a typo! See my picture below.

I think I'll try fixing that typo this weekend and see if she'll stop asking the question. If that works, then I'll try modifying some of the other cell data in hopes of eliminating those excessive prompts... :?

-Eric

post-19510-12872754939538_thumb.jpg