AVIC411.com

I Got Rid of my Key Beeps!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks. this is one of my favorite mods.

to be sure, this should eliminate the "menu" beep as well right? i probably forgot to copy over one of the original wav's cause i am still getting a beep when i hit menu. im going to reapply but just wanted to be sure that it should be silenced.

• 3 weeks later...

Used the instructions on this thread for my new Avic F90BT and everything worked great after performing the factory reset. As mentioned earlier, voice commands will not work properly until the reset to factory settings (under the Nav settings) is performed. Thanks for all your help.

Pioneer should be hiring some of the people on this board to help speed the fixes for the problems. I just upgraded from an Avic-D3 and I like all the new features, but some things, like the annoying keybeeps that can't be removed in the settings, are pretty ridiculous. Does anyone at Pioneer actually test these things in their own cars before they shove them out the door??

If it wasn't for the people on this board and the great information I would have returned my F90BT (and probably even my D30) a long time ago. [/url]

• 4 weeks later...

Can anybody please upload or pm me the Data/sound folder? I just reinstalled the firmware and maps and that folder dissapeared. Now, the key beeps and menu buttons are not making a beep. I really liked these beeps and I hope I can get them back. If anybody here can send me a copy of these files I would be forever in debt. Thank you for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

many thanks to the OP for this.. you have saved my sanity to be sure

for mine, i just went into the sounds folder and made a new folder (left it titled 'new folder') and simply dragged and dropped the 4 wav files into it.

after reboot, the beeps were gone! no click or pause that i can detect either. and if i miss them, i can always go back in an drag/drop them back into place. no need for renames or anything. =]

Just out of curiosity, does everyone create a second long (or whatever)silent wave file or create a completely blank file with .wav extension?

File size is drastically diferent between the two. I have not gotten my new card reader yet to try it out.