AVIC411.com

PLease Help Album Art

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the 700 and to me the album art looks ok. There are a few where it looks really good, and a few where it looks a bit pixellated, but I figure that's due to the quality (or lack thereof) of the images in the first place, not the fault of the 700. I'm using an iPod nano, 8gb, whatever version is the current one.

it couldn't depend on what F you have right? Cuz HiFiSi's got the 90, and his album art looks great , but I got the 700 and it looks horrid.

i have the 90 and it looks like crap, they all look bad i dont think i have any that looks decent or normal :( it looks "alright" when its really small but if i click it to make it bigger its really pixellated

I'm sure a lot of you know this but some may not, the resolution of your album art plays a big role as well, doesn't matter if its 320x320 or 600x600, if both have the same resolution then the 600 is obviously gonna be stretched, therefore looking terrible. A good way to find hq album art is to google image the artist and cd title. It will display the resolution and the size of the file. ie 320x320 66k. The higher the Kilobyte the higher the end picture will be. Unless its something ridiculous like 1024x720 120k, then you know that's gonna be shitty.

I have a 700BT and a jailbroken(witch I think makes no difference to the album art quality on the avic) itouch with firmware 1.1.4 and all my album art looks horrible. I believe that this is a compatibility problem between the unit and the different software versions on every ipod model. I have considered buying an ipod classic but now that i've seen that some users are having problems with them too i'm not too shure. It would be verry helpfull if we started listing the unit, type of ipod and its firmware version and weather the album art is crap or not.

Unit: F700BT

ipod: 1st gen itouch

firmware: 1.1.4

Art album: crap

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried a couple of iPods - both using the same data set from the same iTunes account. (These are both regular old-fashioned iPods).

IPOD 1: 5th Gen iPod

AVIC Display Quality: Jagged

IPOD 2: 2nd Gen iPod Nano

AVIC Display Quality: More Jagged (than IPOD 1)

I'm not sure how others are getting such a clear display. Cover Flow in iTunes displays crystal clear for the artwork graphics as well as the iPod displays themselves, but the display on AVIC is all jagged, can't quite figure this one out yet.

• 1 month later...

I am also confused by the fact that more people aren't affected or don't have issues with their iPods. I've posted a few times and received little responses about problems with video or Album art. Here are my results:

iPod 1: iPod Classic (2nd Gen 120GB)

Firmware: 2.0.1

AVIC Display Quality: Good

Video: Cuts off after 5 mins

iPod 2: iPhone (1st Gen 8GB)

Firmware: 2.1

AVIC Display Quality: Pixelated

Video: Works Fine

iPod 3: iPod Touch (2nd Gen 32GB)

Firmware: 2.1

AVIC Display Quality: Pixelated