AVIC411.com

PLease Help Album Art

I have the same album artwork issues. My iPhone 3G looks crappy, while my wife's iPod classic looks much better. And, the image size of the album artwork does not seem to effect the outcome. A theory that I have yet to test is whether various firmware versions affect the picture quality.

If anyone has any insight on what the problem might be please let us know.

F900BT

iPhone 3G

Lexus ES330

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F500bt

Pioneer cable

Album art:

IPod Video 30 gig = pixelly

Iphone 8 gig = crap

Most of my album arts are custom, but above 300x300 and no bigger than 800x800. The resolution on the IPod/Iphone themselves are very crisp and clean.. I think it's more of a Pioneer thing. All I know is, the Avic output kinda sucks.. even for my movies.

• 2 weeks later...

Pioneer Plz Fix :cry:

F90bt 2.0

Pioneer cable

IPod Touch 2nd Gen 2.2 16gb

Custom mp3 art = Unacceptable

Itunes mp3 = Unacceptable

Amazon mp3 = Unacceptable

Art is fine on the ipod itself.

Most of my art is custom. I've tried the jpg album art on my pc from when WMP searches for the art. Also Samgoody art and Amazon. (Sam/Amazon art from the webpage not from a Sam/Amazon downloaded mp3*). My friend has a 1st gen Ipod touch that I will try. Ill post his F/W as well.

Has anyone that uses custom art got it to display correctly? Maybe we can try your art file on one of our ipods?

Quick FYI, I had the same issue before the recent avic update and Ipod 2.2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It almost looks like a settings issues somewhere. My artwork also looks horrible with my ipod 5g.

It is crystal clear on ipod display and in itunes.

I know someone here on this forum reported that his ipod nano showed crystal clear pictures on pioneer.

Where as another poster said that it was pixelated.

I think there must be something that is controlling the quality of the artwork being stored, read or displayed.

I will keep researching and post anything i find.

Well, I can't comment on the album art compatibility since I hate iPods, and the unit doesn't display album art from sd, but just as a side note, if you want to quickly tag all of your music and embed the cover art check out the opensource tagger musicbrainz picard http://www.musicbrainz.org/.

It will automatically fill in the missing tags on the music you ripped, or the music you got ripped off for by buying from itunes, and it can automatically download the album art to embed directly into the mp3s or save as a jpg in the album folder. Just one of it's many many uses.

It is available for Linux and Windows, I don't think there is a Mac client yet, but there are several programs for all platforms that include musicbrainz frontends.

Iv just tried Ipod video, Ipod mini and a brand new ipod touch and they are all the same crap! so lets be honest, its all garbage, I couldnt really care less but why even show it if its gonna look like crap. "Hey guys look at my nice $$$$ unit that shows the covers like shit."

maybe the next update will fix this :roll:

ahh maybe im just pissed that im on my second unit in 2 days :(

• 3 weeks later...

I too have several iPods. First let me confirm that I have used most of my own CD cover scans so I know they are all at 500x500 or better. My older 30G iPod Photo displays the artwork fine in both the small and expanded thumbnails on an AVIC-F90BT. However my brand new iPod Touch 2G looks terrible in all sizes, small or large on the same head unit.

However I do not believe this is a Pioneer problem specifically, as a friend of mine has the Alpine IDA-X001 head unit and the exact same differences between the Photo and Touch happen on it. Looks like something in the iPhone/Touch firmware is sending the wrong image data out to these units. :(

Yeah, mine is the same way. My older ipod works slightly better than the brand new touch.

I have a ipod video 5G though. So the picture looks sharp when it is small but looks pixelated when it is expanded.

I need to try different rom version on this ipod to see if it changes anything.

• 2 weeks later...

f-700BT 2.0 firmware

1st Gen iPod Nano 1.3.1 Firmware = Blurry

iPhone 3G 2.2.1 Firmware = Blurry

5th Gen iPod Video original firmware = Good quality

Looks like something in the later firmware updates caused this? My Nano firmware was from the middle of 08' , 3G iPhone from later portion of 08', 5th Gen iPod though was from 06'. I never updated the firmware as I loaned it to a friend, when she returned it I already had my iPhone so I never used it again. They all sync from the same library, very interesting the images are so obviously different in display quality.