AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

I'm not using a Mac for this, I'm using Windows to 'explore' the data.zip rather than unzipping then rezipping it. Just double click the zip file, and navigate to the right directory to find the file to edit. I'm using notepad to make the changes, then notepad won't save back into the zip file so I save to the desktop then copy it into the zip file.

Newbies to doing this, read this part! It took me a bit to figure out exactly how to put it all together.

Stephanie, I can't get the clock to go into the very corner of the screen like yours, I tried y=5 but it moved it way down for some reason. What y coordinate do you have yours at? Thanks!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must be stupid because i have read the entire thread about 3 times for changing the clock colour, adding the cancel button and adding on the km/h reading. And i am still puzzled to where i have to insert those lines to. can someone lead me in the right direction pleas?

you send it in and tell them you got it like that they have no way of proving that you messed with it. Sure these forums are here but g/l matching up the poster with this unit. If they have no hard evidence they have no right to void warranty. The company may notice its not original but they have to prove you did it b4 they can void it. Thats the way t is in my line of work anyways.

i must be stupid because i have read the entire thread about 3 times for changing the clock colour, adding the cancel button and adding on the km/h reading. And i am still puzzled to where i have to insert those lines to. can someone lead me in the right direction pleas?

Here the steps:

On your AVIC you have to get into testmode (the Windows screen). Do that by putting the testmode and MitaCap folders on your SD card. Use the stylus and triple-click on any folders. When you are there, hit start, go into Windows Explorer, then "My flash disk", then "iGo", then "APL2". In there, there is a file called simply "DATA" with a generic windows icon. THAT is the key file where most of these changes are being made. Either copy that file to your SD card (open up another Windows Explorer box) and click on your SD card, OR use one of the ones we have posted in the thread.

Take that data file on your PC and explore it, do NOT extract the files. In there, click on ui_pioneer, then 800_480. In that folder you see a bunch of BMP's and SPR files. That's where you drag the killroute.bmp into. Then click on the ui folder and click on "navigatemap_800_480". That's where you change fonts, sizes, add the delete route code, etc.

I'd copy the original "navigatemap_800_480.ui" file to a safe place. When you have made your changes, save it with a ui extension to the desktop. Then drag it where the real navigatemap_800_480 file is and say yes when it asks if you want to replace.

Take the new data.zip, copy to your SD card, get back into testmode on the AVIC. Go to the original DATA file, rename it, then drag the DATA.zip from the SD card into where the old DATA file was.

Boom, the AVIC uses the modded DATA.zip.

To add the lines of code for the delete route button, copy and paste Stephanie's code into navigatemap_800_480.ui right here (the red part being the new code):

;time

map.ISROUTEVALID vValidRoute vDeletableRoute

runif vValidRoute 1 sc_btnARM_Itineary_OnRelease

Here the steps:

On your AVIC you have to get into testmode (the Windows screen). Do that by putting the testmode and MitaCap folders on your SD card. Use the stylus and triple-click on any folders. When you are there, hit start, go into Windows Explorer, then "My flash disk", then "iGo", then "APL2". In there, there is a file called simply "DATA" with a generic windows icon. THAT is the key file where most of these changes are being made. Either copy that file to your SD card (open up another Windows Explorer box) and click on your SD card, OR use one of the ones we have posted in the thread.

Take that data file on your PC and explore it, do NOT extract the files. In there, click on ui_pioneer, then 800_480. In that folder you see a bunch of BMP's and SPR files. That's where you drag the killroute.bmp into. Then click on the ui folder and click on "navigatemap_800_480". That's where you change fonts, sizes, add the delete route code, etc.

I'd copy the original "navigatemap_800_480.ui" file to a safe place. When you have made your changes, save it with a ui extension to the desktop. Then drag it where the real navigatemap_800_480 file is and say yes when it asks if you want to replace.

Take the new data.zip, copy to your SD card, go back to the original DATA file, rename it, then drag the DATA.zip from the SD card into where the old DATA file was.

Boom, the AVIC uses the modded DATA.zip.

To add the lines of code for the delete route button, copy and paste Stephanie's code into navigatemap_800_480.ui right here:

;time

map.ISROUTEVALID vValidRoute vDeletableRoute

runif vValidRoute 1 sc_btnARM_Itineary_OnRelease

Geatly appreciated thank you so much lemonhead. I know how to get in to test mode just was unclear of where to place the files. Thanks again am in the process of trying it now

Stephanie, I can't get the clock to go into the very corner of the screen like yours, I tried y=5 but it moved it way down for some reason. What y coordinate do you have yours at? Thanks!

Here is the clock code from my navigatemap_800_480.ui file:

I don't remember all the changes I have made but I think one of them may have been to the template... from xtxt to xtxt2.

One other random comment, about these elements. The x= and y= are obvious, w= is the width of the element, h= is the height of the element. You'll see z= quite a bit, that sets how the elements are 'layered' on the screen. If you put two things in the same place on the screen, the lower z number is at the 'back' and the higher z number is in 'front'.

mazda_3, the files we are working on are contained within a zip file. On the nav unit, once you're in "testmode" aka Windows, launch explorer then go to My Flash Drive\APL2\iGo and you'll see the file in there, "data.zip". Most of the stuff we are doing, is in that file. Copy that out of the nav unit onto your SD card then you can work on it, on your computer. Or if you prefer, somewhere around page 3 or 4 of this thread, I have linked to a data.zip that you can download - it has the "blue boxes" removed already, but is otherwise untouched.

Inside data.zip the files we are working with are in data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui and data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\ui

If you want to change the clock colour and font, the exact file to change is data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui

Actually, I'll attach my navigatemap_800_480.ui file so people can have a look at it - please please don't just throw it in your data.zip as-is or you will probably be unhappy with the results. I've added a bunch of comments to it, and I have commented out things I don't want, and hidden a lot of stuff. Everything I'm doing on my map screen is in the very first section at the top of the file. Everything else below that I have hidden, suppressed, or never figured out what it did in the first place. You should be able to see though how I've done things such as the speed in the corner, the static text, etc.

post-21587-12872755141702_thumb.jpg

navigatemap_800_480.ui.zip

I'm not using a Mac for this, I'm using Windows to 'explore' the data.zip rather than unzipping then rezipping it. Just double click the zip file, and navigate to the right directory to find the file to edit. I'm using notepad to make the changes, then notepad won't save back into the zip file so I save to the desktop then copy it into the zip file.

When I tried unzipping, making changes on the Mac, then rezipping, the nav unit refused to accept my new zip file, it gave an error and wouldn't start the mapping software.

The reason it did that is mac os x is retarded in the way it deals with archiving. Instead of selecting the data.zip folder open the folder, Apple+A, then right click and select compress.

If you select the folder and compress it makes a data.zip with a data folder at the root ie. data.zip->data->contents of folder.

The reason it did that is mac os x is retarded in the way it deals with archiving. Instead of selecting the data.zip folder open the folder, Apple+A, then right click and select compress.

If you select the folder and compress it makes a data.zip with a data folder at the root ie. data.zip->data->contents of folder.

Wow - I never noticed this. Thank you gjas18!

Someone upthread asked about getting a copy of my entire data.zip file. The file can be downloaded from here. You also need to get three free fonts from http://www.simplythebest.net/fonts/ in order to complete the package. The three fonts are "Final Frontier New", "Final Frontier Old", and "Space Age".

All four files (the zip and the three fonts) need to be given the following filenames:

data.zip

finalold.ttf

finalnew.ttf

space.ttf

All four files go in your iGo directory: My Flash Drive\APL2\iGo

Presumably you would want to edit out my name and put yours in; my name appears in navigatemap_800_480.ui and a few times in start.ui

What this data.zip file does:

* no 'blue boxes' of course

* uses 2D, north-up navigation mode ONLY

* Large time readout in upper right

* Large speed readout in lower left

* Altitude readout in lower left

* Delete Route button, when a route is plotted

* Next turn graphic, and second next turn graphic appears (normally they're only available in 3d mode)

* The icon in the lower left, beside the current street name, is a button which takes you to the Navigation main menu.

* Compass is suppressed -- not needed since north is always up

* 3d button is suppressed

* Most of the map screen 'clutter' is gone, leaving most of the screen available for the map.

What this data.zip doesn't do:

* Doesn't silence the keybeeps (that has nothing to do with the nav software or skins)

* Doesn't speed up your boot time

* Doesn't bypass the drive safe screen

Cheers!

you send it in and tell them you got it like that they have no way of proving that you messed with it. Sure these forums are here but g/l matching up the poster with this unit. If they have no hard evidence they have no right to void warranty. The company may notice its not original but they have to prove you did it b4 they can void it. Thats the way t is in my line of work anyways.

You're right that they can't prove you did it, but they have enough evidence to show that it has been tampered with. One dead giveaway would be the data-bak file you make, and anybody with common sense will make a backup file before tampering. There's no reason not to. Once they see a different clock, new font, rearranged buttons, AND a back-up data file, they'll have enough probable cause to void your warranty. I mean you can argue that that's how you got it, but if you really got a unit that different form everyone else's, wouldn't you call Pioneer about it? And they've made thousands of these units with the same files, how can one be that different? I'm not trying to pick you out of the bunch and say you're wrong, but I wouldn't want him thinking Pioneer will still honor their warranty, then if something happens he's screwed because he didn't know better.

so what happens when new firmware comes out? won't all this go to waste? or will you just have to have a spare copy of the data.zip so you can move it back over again?

We don't know. The first thing we will have to see is what changes they made by examining the update files...and see if its even worth applying. :lol:

so what happens when new firmware comes out? won't all this go to waste? or will you just have to have a spare copy of the data.zip so you can move it back over again?

We don't know. The first thing we will have to see is what changes they made by examining the update files...and see if its even worth applying. :lol:

The update was released in Europe. One member who updated it said the boot time was reduced to about 30 seconds full boot. A lot of members will find that reason alone to be a reason to update theirs

The update was released in Europe. One member who updated it said the boot time was reduced to about 30 seconds full boot. A lot of members will find that reason alone to be a reason to update theirs

Well that's my point. We have to examine the update files first to see if it will affect any modding we've done...no point in looking the EU files they might be different.