AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

Geissen, i noticed that in the second part of the coding, there's a ; at the beginnning. in my data.zip, there's no semicolon. i tried doing this with the semicolon, and it gave me an error message at startup. i tried it also without the semicolon, and the boxes weren't removed.

are you doing something i'm not?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find this piece of code in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file:

;road name picture

And replace with

;road name picture

A bit lower in the file, replace this (credits to Stephanie):

;

by this:

;

Great contribution for your first post, I hope there are many more to come!

One quick question, because this isn't working for me; did you mean to comment the ui_NavigateMapRouteNavigation layer? My original file didn't have a semi-colon in front of that line, so I'm not sure if your instructions shouldn't have it in either place, or if that needs to be commented for this to work.

It would seem that you would want that function to work when a route is active, so I'm guessing that it should not be commented. It's not working for me though, as I still have the boxes when a route is not active.

Great work!

Ha ha, well at least I too feel better that I'm not the only one dealing with this.

Can anyone confirm that this worked for them to selectively display the boxes only when a route is active?

If no one can confirm it at least that would explain why it didn't work for Stephanie when she tried.

Nice! Was that the daycar.bmp file that you changed?

Yep, daycar.bmp and nightcar.bmp are the graphics for 2D view. They (and all of the other graphics) do use Alpha channel transparency, so you need to be aware of that when making them.

I'll start another thread about this with concise instructions.

Can the car icon be displayed in 3D view?

Not without access to Pro Motion. In 2D mode a regular BMP is used, in 3D mode, to account for the ability to change the angle, daycar.spr and nightcar.spr are used. If anyone has Pro Motion I would love to see what we can come up with.

it probably needs a bunch of views so you can rotate it

Correct, see above.

Thanks for the tips, skicrave! For what it's worth those spr files are just a few lines of text:

BmpFlags=0
DefFlags=ALPHA_PIXEL
DefPhase=0
Stripes=85

That's the contents of daycar.spr - nothing special, not numerous views etc. I think all it's saying is that the file uses alpha, phase probably means it's pointing up, and 85 is the lines/pixel size.

Cheers!

Has anyone figured out the magic incantation to make things visible only when there is NO route active? I'm trying to make the three numerical boxes appear when routing (distance left, time left, etc), but replace those with speed/altitude when not routing.

Has anyone figured out the magic incantation to make things visible only when there is NO route active? I'm trying to make the three numerical boxes appear when routing (distance left, time left, etc), but replace those with speed/altitude when not routing.

Just use the same visiblemodel, but put a ! infront of the variable. In other words:

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid"

means it is visible when you are navigating, but

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid"

means it is visible when you are *not* navigating.

Cheers!

That does appear to work for the content in the lower left corner, but I still haven't been able to get it to work for the main route guidance boxes at the top of the screen.

Were you able to get it working Stephanie?

No I wasn't. I tried a few times before I gave up and just keep it with out the boxes entirely. I suspect the problem is that there are scripts that are taking control over the boxes, or otherwise messing with their visibility.

On the other hand - instead of messing with the boxes that it came with, you could try leaving those lines alone and just adding your own. The first word after the start of the element is the ID that is used by the scripts. So where you see stuff with xxx that means it's not affected by scripting. However if you change the id from whatever it is now to xxx you'll get script errors on the screen as the script can't find what it's looking for.

So here's a potential solution: Duplicate the lines, change the new one's id to xxx and it *should* work as expected. Leave the other one alone, but change the x coordinate, add 1000 to it, so if it's x=12 change it to x=1012 -- this moves the 'real' one off the screen so you never have to see it, while leaving 'yours' in the right position, and unfettered by scripts.

Thanks for the info about the daycar.bmp! I just finished changing my car icon... :D Yeah, I'm a geek -- now instead of driving a red arrow, I'm driving a BSG Raptor!

post-21587-12872755148419_thumb.jpg

Nice! I wondered what kind of different icons we would see! :)

I'll try duplicating the calls for those boxes now to see if that fixes the problem.

Oh, BTW, do you remember off the top of your head what the zoom scale bar is called in navigatemap_800_480.ui? I'd like to ditch that as it's completely worthless, but I haven't found where it is yet.

Upon closer inspection I'm pretty sure this isn't going to work. That function that is being called must be what applies the background image, because the bmp attribute is empty in these. Without that functionality, it won't know which image to apply.

I'm thinking we'll need to make up some images to use as the background, and call those directly in that sprite statement.

I'm still going to give it a try though, so I'll report back on what I find.

The blue box that is behind the next turn arrow is:

746_32K_OM-003_32b.bmp

The blue box that is behind the second next turn arrow is:

746_32K_OM-005_32b.bmp

The blue bar that goes behind the next street name is:

746_32K_OM-005_32b.bmp

If you see green instead of blue, the files are:

746_32K_OM-002_32b.bmp

746_32K_OM-004_32b.bmp

746_32K_OM-006_32b.bmp

These are all in data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480

The zoombar is not in navigate_800_480.ui at all - it's in navigate.ui and start.ui (I think). Look for "map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 1" and change the 1 to a 0. There is a lot of reduncancy, I forget how many instances there are in how many files, but to be sure I zapped 'em all.