AVIC411.com

Thoughts about that darn Safety message...

I think you nailed it there, you'd have to review the source/decompile and look at the files it has tucked away in i18n folder to find the one labeled "legal.xhtml"

If I have time tomorrow I'll dump my F700 and start sorting through src to find the hook it calls for it and see if theres a bypass.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to do Windows stuff back in the days...

Looks like you're taping into "resources" that are "linked" to the executable. I remember a resource editor was available back then...

It was giving you the ability to edit them (adding, modifying,..) without changing the executable portion of the .exe

(This is all Windows 95 stuff I vaguely remember but figured I would mention it here.) ("resources" are basically Bitmap, text files, binaries or any sort that the executable needs and rather than having them into separate files, they "attached" to the .exe)

Hope this help someone more knowledgeable... I'm rusty here...

so I took a drastic approach at the nag it has nothing to do with data.zip as I removed mine LOL. And the nag was still there.

Tried removing ezrider also and nag still there so as of now the nag is not igo it's pioneer.

What happened when you removed the ezrider program? Did the iGo software still work? For that matter, what happened when you booted without the data.zip file?

I found a line of code in a config file (sys.txt I believe) that said

show EULA 0

So it sounds like GDGR is right, this isn't the right bit of code to be looking for. Too bad Pioneer will never release their development tools to us, if they would I think we could fix all of the problems they released the software with.

• 4 weeks later...

I see in the update files that the .res files are 7z archives. You can open them in winrar or winzip

inside the archives there are parameter files (.pnd files) , which you can edit in a text editor

Maybe someone understands this and can find a way to leave the message out (or install tomtom instead :P )